About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your analytical geometry homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your analytical geometry homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Defining the parts of a graph
- Graphing lines and plotting points
- Using the midpoint formula
- Using the distance formula
- Calculating the slope of a line
- Using point-slope form
- Using slope-intercept form
- Determining slopes of parallel lines
- Determining slopes of perpendicular lines
- Using geometric proofs for polygons
1. What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
Being able to read a graph isn't just vital for an algebra class. Graphs and charts are used everywhere! We'll take a crash course on the basic x/y plane used in algebra and the fundamental vocab you need.
2. The Cartesian Coordinate System: Plotting Points & Graphing Lines
Watch this video lesson to see how useful the Cartesian coordinate system is. Learn how points are labeled and how you can plot points and graph lines using the system.
3. How to Use The Midpoint Formula
The formula for the midpoint of a line segment will tell you how to find the middle of any line segment on the x, y plane. Learn about this formula and see how it is used to find the midpoint of a line segment.
4. How to Use The Distance Formula
You can't always rely on your smartphone to tell you how far you need to travel to get from point A to point B. The distance formula will tell you the distance between any two points on a graph. In this lesson, you'll learn where it comes from and how to use it!
5. Calculating the Slope of a Line: Point-Slope Form, Slope-Intercept Form & More
Being able to calculate the slope of a line is a very useful skill to have. Why? Watch this video lesson to find out and learn how to find the slope when working with various equations and various lines.
6. Geometric Proofs for Polygons
Watch this video lesson to learn why it is important for you to learn how to do formal proofs in geometry. Also learn how to set up a proof and how to successfully execute one.
7. What Are Coplanar Points? - Definition & Examples
In math class, you heard about coplanar points. What are they, and how can you determine if points are coplanar or not? Do coplanar points have any use outside of geometry class? Read this lesson and find out!
8. Analytic Geometry: Definition & Proofs
This lesson introduces the subject of analytic geometry. You will see the definitions and formulas of important concepts such as distance, midpoint, and slope, as well as a few simple proof examples.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Geometry: Homework Help Resource course
- Foundations of Geometry: Homework Help
- Logic in Mathematics: Homework Help
- Introduction to Geometric Figures: Homework Help
- Properties of Triangles: Homework Help
- Triangles, Theorems and Proofs: Homework Help
- Parallel Lines and Polygons: Homework Help
- Similar Polygons: Homework Help
- Quadrilaterals: Homework Help
- Circular Arcs and Circles: Homework Help
- Conic Sections: Homework Help
- Geometric Solids: Homework Help
- Introduction to Trigonometry: Homework Help