About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other high school geometry work.
- Identify the analytical geometry concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our high school geometry tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn analytical geometry and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding graphing, formal proofs or any other analytical geometry topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their analytical geometry unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in high school geometry
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning analytical geometry simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live geometry tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn analytical geometry on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Identify the different parts of a graph.
- Explore the usefulness of the Cartesian coordinate system.
- Use the midpoint formula to find the midpoint of a line segment.
- Learn to use the distance formula to determine the distance between two points on a graph.
- Find the slope of a line when working with various equations and lines.
- Discover the importance of learning to do formal proofs in geometry.
- Learn to set up and successfully execute a proof.
1. What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
Being able to read a graph isn't just vital for an algebra class. Graphs and charts are used everywhere! We'll take a crash course on the basic x/y plane used in algebra and the fundamental vocab you need.
2. The Cartesian Coordinate System: Plotting Points & Graphing Lines
Watch this video lesson to see how useful the Cartesian coordinate system is. Learn how points are labeled and how you can plot points and graph lines using the system.
3. How to Use The Midpoint Formula
The formula for the midpoint of a line segment will tell you how to find the middle of any line segment on the x, y plane. Learn about this formula and see how it is used to find the midpoint of a line segment.
4. How to Use The Distance Formula
You can't always rely on your smartphone to tell you how far you need to travel to get from point A to point B. The distance formula will tell you the distance between any two points on a graph. In this lesson, you'll learn where it comes from and how to use it!
5. Calculating the Slope of a Line: Point-Slope Form, Slope-Intercept Form & More
Being able to calculate the slope of a line is a very useful skill to have. Why? Watch this video lesson to find out and learn how to find the slope when working with various equations and various lines.
6. Geometric Proofs for Polygons
Watch this video lesson to learn why it is important for you to learn how to do formal proofs in geometry. Also learn how to set up a proof and how to successfully execute one.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Geometry: Tutoring Solution course
- Foundations of Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- Logic in Mathematics: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Geometric Figures: Tutoring Solution
- Properties of Triangles: Tutoring Solution
- Triangles, Theorems and Proofs: Tutoring Solution
- Parallel Lines and Polygons: Tutoring Solution
- Similar Polygons: Tutoring Solution
- Quadrilaterals: Tutoring Solution
- Symmetry, Similarity and Congruence
- Circular Arcs and Circles: Tutoring Solution
- Conic Sections: Tutoring Solution
- Geometric Solids: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution