About This Chapter
Analyzing Data & Graphs in a Reading Passage- Chapter Summary
The lessons organized in this Analyzing Data and Graphs in a Reading Passage chapter have been put together to help you improve your understanding of the subject. Some aspects of the chapter provide details about multi-question problems and the interpretation of bar graphs. Lessons will concentrate on:
- How to interpret line and bar graphs
- Why historians rely on visual aids
- Three rules for solving problems with graphs and charts
- How to solve two-table problems
- Importance of linear relationships
When you study with us, you will have access to our instructors who are experts on the information you will be studying. They will present the above material to you in a way that is educational and fun. As you work your way through each lesson and watch the videos, read the transcripts and take the self-assessing quizzes; you will have support the whole time. If you get stuck on a certain concept or lesson, our instructors are here to help you by answering any questions you might have.
1. Interpreting Graphical Representations
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to quickly and easily read and interpret any line and bar graph. You will be able to gather important information by just looking at one of these graphs.
2. How to Interpret Visual Representations of Historical Data
Think that historians only rely on dense textbooks full of nothing but words, dates, and more words? Think again. Historians actually use a variety of visual representations, ranging from images that they create to visuals that are sources themselves.
3. Interpreting Graphs and Charts of Scientific Data: Practice Problems
Do charts and graphs make problem-solving difficult? Complex problems with visual representations can drain your brain during a test. In this lesson, learn three simple rules for solving problems with charts and graphs. We'll try them out as we walk through two sample problems.
4. Interpreting Tables of Scientific Data: Practice Problems
Complex table problems getting you down? Multi-question, situational problems don't have to be a drag on your testing performance. Learn how to apply three simple rules as we walk through two table problems together.
5. Interpreting Linear Relationships Using Data: Practice Problems
Understanding linear relationships is an important part of understanding statistics. This lesson will help you review linear relationships and will go through three practice problems to help you retain your knowledge. When you are finished, test out your knowledge with a short quiz!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PSAT Prep: Practice & Study Guide course
- PSAT: About the Test
- PSAT Writing: About the Writing & Language Test
- PSAT Writing: Sentence Clarity and Structure
- PSAT Writing Usage & Punctuation
- Word Use & Expressions in Writing
- Argument & Evidence Analysis in Writing
- About the PSAT Reading Test
- PSAT Reading: Reading Passages
- PSAT Reading: Understanding Reading Passages
- PSAT Reading: Interpretation & Analysis of Text
- PSAT Reading: Literary Terms
- Important U.S. Documents & Speeches
- Analyzing Words in Context while Reading
- PSAT Math: About the Math Test
- PSAT Math: Numbers and Operations
- PSAT Math: Equations and Expressions
- PSAT Math: Quadratic Equations
- PSAT Math: Exponents
- PSAT Math: Rational Equations and Expressions
- PSAT Math: Inequalities
- PSAT Math: Functions
- PSAT Math: Ratios, Rates & Proportion
- PSAT Math: Geometry and Measurement
- PSAT Math: Triangles & Trigonometric Ratios
- PSAT Math: Data Analysis, Statistics and Probability