About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other high school biology work.
- Identify the scientific data analysis concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our high school biology tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about scientific data analysis and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding scientific data interpretation, graph and chart interpretation, scientific experiment design or any other scientific data analysis topic.
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their analyzing scientific data unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in high school biology
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about scientific data analysis simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live biology tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about analyzing scientific data on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Practice interpreting scientific data tables.
- Interpret scientific data presented through graphs and charts.
- Learn how to design scientific experiments.
1. Interpreting Tables of Scientific Data: Practice Problems
Complex table problems getting you down? Multi-question, situational problems don't have to be a drag on your testing performance. Learn how to apply three simple rules as we walk through two table problems together.
2. Interpreting Graphs and Charts of Scientific Data: Practice Problems
Do charts and graphs make problem-solving difficult? Complex problems with visual representations can drain your brain during a test. In this lesson, learn three simple rules for solving problems with charts and graphs. We'll try them out as we walk through two sample problems.
3. Design a Scientific Experiment: Example of Avery and Griffith's Experiments
What are the requirements of a scientific experiment? How do scientists design their investigations? In this lesson, we'll use the work of Avery and Griffith to explore the process of experimental design.
4. Oswald Avery: Experiment & Discovery
Oswald Avery was an amazing scientist who was instrumental in our understanding of DNA. Learn more about this incredible sexagenarian's work in the 1940s.
5. Secondary Data Analysis: Methods & Advantages
In this lesson, we'll define secondary data and secondary data analysis. We'll look at the methods of analyzing this type of data, and we'll also look at the advantages and disadvantages of this type of data.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Biology: Tutoring Solution course
- Science Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Science Lab Skills: Tutoring Solution
- Inorganic Chemistry Review for High School Biology: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry: Tutoring Solution
- Enzymatic Biochemistry: Tutoring Solution
- Cell Biology: Tutoring Solution
- Requirements of Biological Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Cell Communication: Tutoring Solution
- Metabolic Biochemistry: Tutoring Solution
- Cell Division: Tutoring Solution
- Nucleic Acids - DNA and RNA: Tutoring Solution
- DNA Replication - Processes and Steps: Tutoring Solution
- The Transcription and Translation Process: Tutoring Solution
- Genetics - Principles of Heredity: Tutoring Solution
- Genetic Mutations: Tutoring Solution
- DNA Technology and Genomics: Tutoring Solution
- Bacterial Biology Overview: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Viruses: Tutoring Solution
- The Origin of the Universe and Life on Earth: Tutoring Solution
- Geologic Time: Tutoring Solution
- Evolution Overview: Tutoring Solution
- Phylogeny and the Classification of Organisms: Tutoring Solution
- Plant Biology: Tutoring Solution
- Plant Reproduction and Growth: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Fungi: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Invertebrates: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Vertebrates: Tutoring Solution
- The Circulatory, Respiratory, Digestive, Excretory, and Musculoskeletal Systems: Tutoring Solution
- The Nervous, Immune, and Endocrine Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Animal Reproduction and Development: Tutoring Solution
- Human Reproductive Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Ecology and the Environment: Tutoring Solution
- Human Effects on the Environment: Tutoring Solution
- Animal Behavior: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Molecular Biology Laboratory Techniques: Tutoring Solution