About This Chapter
Ancient Astronomy for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Expert instructors have created bite-sized lessons your students can review anytime to strengthen their understanding of ancient astronomy. Designed with elementary school students in mind, the lessons cover topics like Ancient Greek astronomy and the Orion Constellation in a manner that is easy to comprehend. Choose the lessons students need to study and have them take accompanying quizzes until an understanding is confirmed. To gauge your students' knowledge of the entire chapter, take advantage of the practice exam.
- Facts and myths about the Orion constellation
- Myths about the Ursa Major and Minor constellation
- Big Dipper and Little Dipper facts
- Pegasus Greek mythology story
- Facts about the Pegasus constellation
- Ancient Greek and Mayan astronomy
- Myths and facts about the Gemini constellation
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with ancient astronomy concepts will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about ancient astronomy facts.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding constellations like Ursa Major, Pegasus and Gemini
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about Mayan and Ancient Greek astronomy
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning ancient history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about mythology
- Students who struggle to understand their ancient history teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra ancient history resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover ancient astronomy topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about mythology and constellations.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands ancient astronomy by administering the Ancient Astronomy for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Orion Constellation Lesson for Kids: Myths & Facts
Have you ever wondered how the constellations were named? In this lesson, you'll learn about the stars that make up the constellation Orion and the story behind its name.
2. Ursa Major & Minor Constellation Myths Lesson for Kids
Have you ever spotted the Big Dipper in the night sky? If you have, you've seen part of the constellation Ursa Major. In this lesson, you'll learn about Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, and what they have to do with the Big and Little Dippers.
3. Big Dipper & Little Dipper Lesson for Kids: Constellation & Facts
Have you ever seen the Big or Little Dippers in the night sky? In this lesson, you'll find out about the stars that make up these star patterns and how they've been useful to travelers for thousands of years.
4. Pegasus Greek Mythology Lesson for Kids: Facts & Story
Would you like to be able to get on a horse and fly everywhere? Pegasus is a famous flying horse from Greek mythology. Keep reading more to learn about this flying horse.
5. Pegasus Constellation Facts: Lesson for Kids
Pegasus is a winged horse in Greek mythology. In this lesson, you'll learn about the story of Pegasus and how it relates to the group of stars in the sky by the same name.
6. Ancient Greek Astronomy: Lesson for Kids
Despite living thousands of years ago, the ancient Greeks developed a remarkable understanding of the world and its place in the galaxy by studying astronomy. Learn about their achievements in this lesson.
7. Gemini Constellation Lesson for Kids: Facts & Myths
In this lesson, you will use your imagination to explore the sky. You will discover what the Gemini constellation looks like, where it is located, the important stars in it, and the ancient myths that were told about it.
8. Mayan Astronomy: Lesson for Kids
Mayan civilization understood the movements of the stars and planets above us even though they had almost almost no tools to study the night skies. Learn about the achievements of Mayan astronomy in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ancient History for Kids course
- History of the Ancient Near East for Kids
- The Ancient World for Elementary School
- Ancient Rome for Elementary School
- Ancient Greece for Elementary School
- Aztec Civilization for Elementary School
- Ancient China for Elementary School
- Ancient Egypt for Elementary School
- Inca Civilization for Elementary School
- Maya Civilization for Kids
- Greek Myths for Elementary School