About This Chapter
Ancient China for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Use the lessons for kids in this chapter to give your student a fun look at Ancient China. Lessons are accessible anytime and cover topics that include the dynasties, writing, education, farming, religion, government and medicine in Ancient China. Use this chapter to teach these topics, or allow your student to review the lessons while preparing for a test or assignment. Assess comprehension of the lessons by using multiple-choice quizzes and a chapter exam.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with Ancient China will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about Ancient China.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding laws, entertainment, art, feudalism, the military and more related to Ancient China
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about Ancient China
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about Ancient China
- Students who struggle to understand their history teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra history resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover Ancient China topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about Ancient China.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands Ancient China by completing the Ancient China for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Ancient Chinese Dynasties: Lesson for Kids
Kings and emperors ruled over China for four thousand years. Learn about the great dynasties and royal families of Chinese history in this lesson, from the Xia dynasty to the Qing dynasty.
2. Ancient China Lesson for Kids: Government & Laws
The history of China's governments and laws stretches back further than any other nation. Learn about how China's laws began and changed over thousands of years in this lesson.
3. Ancient China Lesson for Kids: Entertainment & Art
Do you enjoy flying kites? How about playing soccer? Believe it or not, both of these fun pastimes came from ancient China! In this lesson, discover amazing facts about Chinese entertainment and art that have been alive for centuries.
4. Ancient China Lesson for Kids: Health & Medicine
Do you know how old Chinese medicine is? In this lesson, find out how ancient China led the world in health and medicine thousands of years ago. Discover types of Traditional Chinese Medicine still used today!
5. Writing in Ancient China: Lesson for Kids
The exact date of when the Chinese began writing is a mystery. However, scholars have found evidence of early Chinese writing from the 10th century BCE. This lesson will uncover the history about writing in ancient China and its impact on the modern world.
6. Education in Ancient China: Lesson for Kids
Education in ancient China was important but was only available for some people. This lesson will teach you about ancient Chinese education, who went to school and who didn't, what they learned, and some other interesting facts.
7. Ancient China Lesson for Kids: Money & Economy
The people of ancient China invented money as we know it today, first producing coins and then printing paper money. Learn about the influence of the ancient Chinese economy in this lesson.
8. Feudalism in Ancient China: Lesson for Kids
Ancient China built its society on commoners, nobles, and emperors. Learn about the feudal structure of China and the ranking of peoples in this lesson.
9. Farming in Ancient China: Lesson for Kids
Ancient China depended on farming in order to feed its people. Rice was one of the first crops they learned to grow, and they still produce it today. In this lesson, you'll learn about the tools and different methods of farming they used.
10. Transportation in Ancient China: Lesson for Kids
Getting around ancient China was no easy task. They surely did not have it as easy as we have it today. This lesson will take you on a journey on what it was like to get around China over 2,000 years ago.
11. Ancient China's Military: Lesson for Kids
China's history dates back thousands of years and includes numerous wars and battles. Learn about the ancient Chinese soldiers, leaders, and means of warfare in this lesson.
12. Religion in Ancient China: Lesson for Kids
From Confucianism to Buddhism, China has a rich history of religious thought and practice stretching back thousands of years. This lesson will highlight the main concepts rooted in China's ancient philosophies and explain their ideas further.
13. Water Wheel in Ancient China: Lesson for Kids
The water wheel provided machines with power in ancient times, when the only alternative was human or animal power. In this lesson, learn about how the Chinese developed a water wheel to perform work.
14. Crossbow in Ancient China: Lesson for Kids
The power of the crossbow changed the ancient battlefield forever. In this lesson, discover the advantages of this simple yet dominant weapon, and imagine its power in your own hands!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ancient History for Kids course
- History of the Ancient Near East for Kids
- The Ancient World for Elementary School
- Ancient Rome for Elementary School
- Ancient Greece for Elementary School
- Aztec Civilization for Elementary School
- Ancient Egypt for Elementary School
- Inca Civilization for Elementary School
- Maya Civilization for Kids
- Ancient Astronomy for Elementary School
- Greek Myths for Elementary School