About This Chapter
Ancient Egypt for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Lessons in this chapter are designed to provide elementary school students with a comprehensive overview of Ancient Egypt. Utilize the lessons to ensure your student understands facts about King Tutankhamun, King Menses and the history of Rosetta Stone. Also, enjoy a fun review of education, geography and food in Ancient Egypt. With each lesson is a short quiz great for assessing your student's comprehension of these topics.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with Ancient Egypt will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about Ancient Egypt.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding geography, food, education and more related to Ancient Egypt
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about Ancient Egypt
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about Ancient Egypt
- Students who struggle to understand their history teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra history resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover Ancient Egypt topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about Ancient Egypt.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands Ancient Egypt by completing the Ancient Egypt for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. History of the Rosetta Stone: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever used a secret code to talk with your friends? The Rosetta Stone was like a code that helped unlock the mystery of Egyptian hieroglyphics. This lesson will discuss the history of the Rosetta Stone.
2. Facts about Slaves in Ancient Egypt: Lesson for Kids
Can you imagine having to do work but not getting paid for it? Thousands of years ago in ancient Egypt, slavery was a common practice. This lesson explains the who, what, and why of slavery in ancient Egypt.
3. Education in Ancient Egypt: Lesson for Kids
One of the earliest societies in human history, the ancient Egyptians, provided some but not all children with an education. In this lesson, you'll learn about ancient Egyptian education and what types of jobs students trained for.
4. King Menes Lesson for Kids: Reign & Facts
King Menes brought together the lower and upper parts of Egypt into one unified country. Learn about this famous king and how his achievements helped create ancient Egypt in this lesson.
5. Geography of Ancient Egypt Lesson for Kids: Black & Red Land
In this lesson, you will learn about the vast differences in the geography of Ancient Egypt. You will explore the very fertile black land as well as the dry deserts that make up the red land.
6. Food of Ancient Egypt: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, you will learn about the variety of foods that were grown, hunted, and eaten in ancient Egypt. You will also gain understanding of how the Nile River served as an important resource for the ancient Egyptians.
7. King Tutankhamun Lesson for Kids: History & Facts
Can you imagine ruling an entire country at the age of nine? Well, King Tut did! This lesson will teach you about the life and discovery of the tomb of King Tutankhamun, the famous Pharaoh from ancient Egypt.
8. King Tutankhamun Lesson for Kids: Tomb, Curse & Death
Do you believe in curses? The people living in ancient Egypt did. They believed that bad things would happen if you opened the tomb of a pharaoh. In 1922, King Tutankhamun's tomb was opened. What happened afterwards might make you a believer!
9. Ancient Egypt Lesson for Kids: Festivals & Holidays
Do you like to eat amazing food and play games with all your friends? Ancient Egyptians enjoyed celebrating festivals and having feasts often. This lesson will discuss some of the most popular festivals and holidays of ancient Egypt.
10. Step Pyramid Facts: Lesson for Kids
Do you know what a step pyramid is? In this lesson, find out how step pyramids were built in ancient Egypt. Discover how tall they were and what was hidden inside.
11. How the Pyramids Were Built: Lesson for Kids
Thousands of years ago, the ancient Egyptians built massive pyramids that still stand today using little more than basic hand tools. Learn about their techniques and achievements for building the great pyramids in this lesson.
12. Inside Egyptian Pyramids: Lesson for Kids
Ancient Egyptian pyramids are among the most incredible structures ever built. In this lesson, you will learn about the history of the pyramids and what was stored inside these massive structures.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ancient History for Kids course
- History of the Ancient Near East for Kids
- The Ancient World for Elementary School
- Ancient Rome for Elementary School
- Ancient Greece for Elementary School
- Aztec Civilization for Elementary School
- Ancient China for Elementary School
- Inca Civilization for Elementary School
- Maya Civilization for Kids
- Ancient Astronomy for Elementary School
- Greek Myths for Elementary School