About This Chapter
Ancient Greece for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
The comprehensive overview of Ancient Greece is great for any elementary school student. Lessons provide an in-depth look at a wide variety of topics, including Alexander the Great, the Trojan War, Helen of Troy, Acropolis and Spartan life. This chapter also examines money, jobs, soldiers and clothes among other Ancient Greece topics. With each lesson is a mini quiz designed to assess your student's comprehension of Ancient Greece. Feel free to submit any questions your student has about lesson topics using our Ask Our Experts feature in the Dashboard.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with Ancient Greece will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about Ancient Greece.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the timeline, Golden Age, Spartan government and much more associated with Ancient Greece
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about Ancient Greece
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about Ancient Greece
- Students who struggle to understand their history teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra history resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover Ancient Greece topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about Ancient Greece.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands Ancient Greece by completing the Ancient Greece for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Alexander the Great Lesson for Kids: Battles & Conquests
Perhaps the greatest military leader in history, Alexander the Great conquered the known world, creating an empire stretching from Greece to India. Learn about his incredible victories and stories in this lesson.
2. Trojan War Lesson for Kids: Facts & Story
Many books have been written and many movies have been made about the Trojan War. It's a fascinating story about the conflict between two lands. Here, you will learn about why the war was started, how it ended, and the details in between.
3. Helen of Troy Lesson for Kids: Story & Biography
If she were alive today, men would be trying to get Helen of Troy to marry them and she would be winning all the beauty pageants. Let's learn about her and how she inspired people to fight to their death to love her.
4. Myth of Sirens in Ancient Greece: Lesson for Kids
Greek mythology is a rich collection of interesting and lively stories. In this lesson you will learn about the Sirens, who were bird-woman creatures, and how they sang sweet songs to trap their victims.
5. Ancient Greek Literature Facts: Lesson for Kids
The ancient Greeks invented writing stories featuring heroes and villains, creating literature that has survived thousands of years. Learn about their great books in this lesson.
6. Famous Ancient Greeks Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, you will learn about many famous Ancient Greeks. These amazing philosophers, playwrights, poets, and mathematicians helped humans better understand the world and shape civilization hundreds of years ago.
7. Ancient Greek Money & Coins Lesson for Kids
Some of the first coins in all of human history come from ancient Greece, where markets depended on coins made of gold, silver, and copper to function. Learn about coins and money in ancient Greece in this lesson.
8. Ancient Greek Jobs Lesson for Kids
People who lived in ancient Greece had different jobs. This lesson will teach you about the different kinds of jobs people had, who did them and some other interesting facts about working in ancient Greece.
9. Ancient Greek Customs & Traditions Lesson for Kids
The culture and traditions of the ancient Greeks have similarities to modern-day societies, although some customs were very different. Learn about the daily life of ancient Greece in this lesson.
10. Ancient Greece Timeline of Major Events Lesson for Kids
The history of ancient Greece spans hundreds of years and ranges from Europe to India. Learn about the development of Greek civilization and the challenges it faced in this lesson.
11. Ancient Greek Soldiers Lesson for Kids: Types, Life & Facts
They were some of the fiercest and most highly trained warriors on the ancient battlefield. Delve into the lives of Greek soldiers and discover their ways of life for yourself!
12. Ancient Greek Clothes, Fashion, & Jewelry Lesson for Kids
Have you ever wondered what people in the ancient Greek culture wore or what type of fashion existed during that time? In this lesson, you will become familiar with the clothing and jewelry worn, and the general fashion of ancient Greece.
13. Golden Age of Greece Lesson for Kids
There was a time in ancient Greece when the cities were at peace. The government was strong and people were encouraged to follow their passions. Here you will learn about this important time in Greece's history.
14. Acropolis Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
The Acropolis is an important part of the Greek city of Athens that was built on a hill. Come learn about the Acropolis, what buildings were built there, and some other cool facts about this place.
15. Ancient Athens Democracy Lesson for Kids
The first democracy in the world was established in Athens over 2,500 years ago. Learn about how this government operated and how it continues to influence our country today in this lesson.
16. Ancient Greek Schools Lesson for Kids
Did you know Ancient Greek kids went to school like you do? In this lesson you will learn about the Ancient Greek schools, the students who attended them, and what was learned during the school day.
17. Sparta Government Lesson for Kids: History & Facts
Sparta was not a democracy, but there are some similarities between the Spartan government and modern democracies. In this lesson, we will learn about the government of Sparta, how it was divided and who was in charge of governing the city.
18. Spartan Life Lesson for Kids
Spartan life was full of challenges and discipline for children on up to becoming a fighting machine as an adult. This lesson talks about the life of a citizen of Sparta and what it would have been like to grow up there.
19. Spartan Army & Soldiers Lesson for Kids
Imagine if your life as a soldier began at seven years old. In this lesson, you will learn about a famous army known as the Spartans, who started training their soldiers at this early age. You will further learn who the Spartan army was and why they were so successful against their enemies.
20. Peloponnesian War Lesson for Kids: Summary & Facts
The two most powerful cities in Greek history, Athens and Sparta, fought one another in the Peloponnesian War 2,500 years ago. Learn about the origins and consequences of the war in this lesson.
21. Ancient Greek Daily, Family & Home Life Lesson for Kids
It was the ancient world of great thinkers, elaborate architecture, and powerful militaries. Enter the world of ancient Greece and find out what daily life looked like as you discover their ways.
22. Women in Ancient Greece Lesson for Kids
Have you ever thought about what it would be like to be a woman in ancient Greece? Come and learn about their roles in society and at home, a typical outfit, and some famous ancient Greek women who really pushed the envelope.
23. Men in Ancient Greece Lesson for Kids
Have you ever wondered what men of ancient Greece were like? In this lesson, you will gain a better understanding of how ancient Greek men lived, worked, and played.
24. Children in Ancient Greece Lesson for Kids
The children who grew up in ancient Greece had some things in common with kids today. Come learn about life in ancient Greece, what school was like, what games they played, and some other cool facts about kids back then.
25. Ancient Greek Homes & Courtyards Lesson for Kids
The ancient Greeks had interesting homes! In this lesson, find out what materials were used to build Greek houses, and discover where men, women and children spent most of their time.
26. Ancient Greek Farming Lesson for Kids
Farming in ancient Greece consisted of growing crops like wheat, barley, olives, and grapes. They also grew fruits and vegetables in smaller quantities near their homes. In this lesson, you will learn about what and how they farmed.
27. Claudius Ptolemy Lesson for Kids: Facts, Biography & History
One of the most famous astronomers and geographers in history, Claudius Ptolemy, created an idea for the organization of the universe that would be used for over 1,000 years. Learn about Ptolemy's legacy and life in this lesson.
28. Slaves in Ancient Greece: Lesson for Kids
Ancient Greece depended on large numbers of slaves for work ranging from household duties to major building projects. Learn how Greeks used slaves and what the day-to-day life of a slave might have been like in this lesson.
29. Hippocrates Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
Many current medical theories and practices originated from a man who lived over 2,000 years ago. Hippocrates was ahead of his time in his thoughts on disease and patients. Come explore what contributions to modern medicine Hippocrates made.
30. Greek Goddess Gaia: Lesson for Kids
Do you know who Gaia is? In this lesson, discover the Greek goddess Gaia and learn about her very famous children. Find out how Gaia is relevant to our lives today.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ancient History for Kids course
- History of the Ancient Near East for Kids
- The Ancient World for Elementary School
- Ancient Rome for Elementary School
- Aztec Civilization for Elementary School
- Ancient China for Elementary School
- Ancient Egypt for Elementary School
- Inca Civilization for Elementary School
- Maya Civilization for Kids
- Ancient Astronomy for Elementary School
- Greek Myths for Elementary School