About This Chapter
Ancient Rome for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Elementary students who are learning about ancient Roman history can study this chapter to reinforce the concepts they've been learning in class. These effective and engaging lessons quickly cover important topics related to ancient Rome, such as the Roman gladiators, geography and government, and provide fun illustrative examples that make the learning experience fun and enjoyable. Students can make sure they fully understand what they've learned by taking the included self-assessment quizzes.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with ancient Roman history will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about ancient Rome.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding important people and events related to ancient Rome
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about ancient Rome
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about ancient Rome
- Students who struggle to understand their history teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra history resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover ancient Rome topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Have your student read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about important events and people in ancient Roman history.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands ancient Roman history by completing the Ancient Rome for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Ancient Rome Lesson for Kids: Facts & Geography
Imagine that you are living in Ancient Rome. What do you think it would look like? What would the people be like? What would you wear? Come and get all of these questions answered, plus more, in this lesson.
2. Ancient Rome Lesson for Kids: Government & Laws
Ancient Rome is well-known for many of its inventions and contributions to society that can still be found all over the world. Come and learn about the government systems, the people within the government, as well as some of the laws during that time.
3. Roman Gladiators Lesson for Kids: History & Facts
One of the great legacies of ancient Rome were the gladiator matches where men and animals would fight, sometimes to the death. In this lesson, learn about this sport and its importance to the Roman people in this lesson.
4. Pax Romana: Lesson for Kids
When your history teacher says Roman Empire, you may think about soldiers, armies and wars, right? However, the Roman Empire also saw one period of peace called the Pax Romana, and in this lesson, you'll learn a little bit about it.
5. Roman Republic Lesson for Kids: Facts & Timeline
The Roman Republic existed over 2,000 years ago and laid the way for the system of government where many people rule instead of a single person. Learn about the Republic's events and achievements in this lesson.
6. Roman Empire Lesson for Kids: Timeline & Facts
The Roman Empire was one of the mightiest empires of all time. Learn important dates and events that happened during the Roman Empire, as well as what led to the rise and fall of the empire.
7. Roman Mythology: Lesson for Kids
This lesson deals with Roman mythology, examining the sources of the gods and myths, the purposes of the mythology and the role it played in the lives of the Roman people.
8. Roman Gods & Goddesses: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, we will talk about some of the gods and goddesses that were worshiped by the ancient Romans. You'll learn that the Romans borrowed their gods from the Greeks, and that each god or goddess had a part to play in the Roman society.
9. Roman Bath Facts Lesson for Kids
You might like hanging out with your friends at the playground or movie theater, but if you were a kid living in Ancient Rome, you and your friends would hang out at the local bath house. Learn about Roman Baths and why they were so fun.
10. Ancient Roman Mosaic Lesson for Kids: Facts & History
Mosaics are pictures made of pieces of stone and glass and were used to decorate some ancient Roman homes and community buildings. Come learn about these mosaics, of what they were made, and some other cool facts about them.
11. Ancient Roman Food Lesson for Kids
Ancient Romans ate many different kinds of foods at different times of the day. This lesson will teach you about these foods, when they were eaten, some utensils they used and some other cool facts about meals in ancient Rome.
12. Ancient Roman Army & Soldiers Lesson for Kids
The Roman army conquered its neighbors, from Spain to Africa to the Middle East, and built their mighty empire. Learn about how the Roman army functioned in this lesson.
13. Ancient Roman Villas & Towns Lesson for Kids
The Romans built cities and monuments that still stand even 2,000 years later. In this lesson, learn about how the Romans lived and worked in villas and towns.
14. Ancient Roman Clothes & Jewelry Lesson for Kids
Do you know what a toga is? What about a stola? In this lesson, discover what kind of clothing and jewelry the people of ancient Rome wore and why it was important!
15. Ancient Roman Emperor Facts: Lesson for Kids
The emperors ruled the Roman empire from the very top, commanding armies and building cities. Learn about their achievements and their downfalls in this lesson.
16. Ancient Roman Weapons & Armor Lesson for Kids
In the ancient world, one army stood out above the rest - the Roman army. However, it wasn't just the well trained soldiers that made them so elite. In this lesson, discover the power behind the Roman army... the weapons and armor!
17. Ancient Roman Coin & Money Facts: Lesson for Kids
The Romans made coins of gold, silver, and bronze in order to create a trade and promote their leaders. Learn about the development of Roman coins and their uses of money in this lesson.
18. Ancient Roman Invasion of Britain Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, we will learn about the adventure that the Romans took across the English Channel to add the island of Britannia to their empire in the 1st century BCE, as well as the changes they brought once they arrived.
19. Famous Ancient Romans Lesson for Kids
Can you imagine what it would be like to live during Ancient Rome? What kind of people would you meet? Come and learn about some of the most famous people of Ancient Rome in this lesson.
20. Circus Maximus Lesson for Kids: Facts & History
In ancient Rome, the biggest entertainment occurred in the Circus Maximus, a giant open-air arena where races took place. Learn about the creation and use of the Circus Maximus in this lesson.
21. Roman Chariots & Chariot Races Lesson for Kids
Heart pounding, blood racing, you fight to stay in front knowing that winning this race could mean your freedom! In this lesson, discover the world of ancient Roman chariot racing and experience the thrill of competition.
22. Ancient Roman House Facts Lesson for Kids
Did you know there are remains of ancient Roman houses you can still see today? The Romans had many different types of homes. In this lesson, find out what Roman homes were like and who lived in them!
23. Justinian Code of Law: Lesson for Kids
The Justinian Code was created by the emperor Justinian in the late days of the Roman (or Byzantine) Empire. This lesson will look into why the code was so important and what types of protection it gave to the citizens.
24. Roman God Jupiter Facts: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever heard of the plant Jupiter? It was named after the Roman god Jupiter. This lesson will give you information about Jupiter the god, his origins, and how the Romans worshipped him.
25. Augustus Lesson for Kids: Biography & Facts
The first emperor of ancient Rome, Augustus (also known as Octavian) set the standard for the 500 years of rule for the Roman Empire. Learn about Augustus' rise to power and his achievements as leader in this lesson.
26. Marcus Tullius Cicero Biography: Lesson for Kids
Perhaps the most famous public speaker of all time, Marcus Tullius Cicero was a senator of ancient Rome who held power as a consul before becoming an enemy of Julius Caesar. Learn about his life and legacy in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ancient History for Kids course
- History of the Ancient Near East for Kids
- The Ancient World for Elementary School
- Ancient Greece for Elementary School
- Aztec Civilization for Elementary School
- Ancient China for Elementary School
- Ancient Egypt for Elementary School
- Inca Civilization for Elementary School
- Maya Civilization for Kids
- Ancient Astronomy for Elementary School
- Greek Myths for Elementary School