About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning about the characters who make up the world of And Then There Were None will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to explore the roles and characteristics of the people at the heart of this story. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in their studying of the characters in And Then There Were None
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the And Then There Were None Characters practice exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the And Then There Were None Characters practice exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the characters of And Then There Were None for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Key quotes from the characters of this novel
- Analyzing the story's characters
- An examination of Vera Claythorne's character
- The character of Philip Lombard
- The role of Justice Wargrave and William Blore
- Dr. Armstrong
- The Rogers
- Exploring the character of Emily Brent
- The parts played by General MacArthur and Anthony Marston
1. And Then There Were None: Characters & Quotes
Agatha Christie managed to create ten unique characters that all have something in common: each has committed a crime that has gone under the radar. In this lesson, we'll learn more about these ten people who were chosen to go to Indian Island to meet their fate in 'And Then There Were None…'
2. And Then There Were None Character Analysis
In 'And Then There Were None' by Agatha Christie, ten guests with little in common are invited to come together on an isolated island. When they arrive, they learn that they are linked by their crimes. In this lesson, we will learn more about the characters.
3. Vera Claythorne in And Then There Were None
In the Agatha Christie novel, ''And Then There Were None'' the characters are stabbed, shot, poisoned and more. It can be hard to keep the 10 characters straight, and in this lesson, we will look at Vera Claythorne.
4. Philip Lombard in And Then There Were None
Each character in the book 'And Then There Were None' has their own interesting or annoying personalities. In this lesson, we will take a look at Philip Lombard.
5. Justice Wargrave in And Then There Were None
Justice Wargrave, in ''And Then There Were None,'' turns out to be one of the most stunning characters in the entire book. In this lesson, we will take a look at his role in the famous Agatha Christie murder mystery.
6. William Blore in And Then There Were None
In this lesson, we'll explore the character of William Blore from the Agatha Christie novel 'And Then There Were None.' Learn about his personality, crime, and eventual punishment.
7. Dr. Armstrong in And Then There Were None
In Agatha Christie's ~'And Then There Were None,~' Dr. Armstrong's medical knowledge makes him an important asset as each of the murders is investigated, but it also sets him up as a suspect. In this lesson, we will learn more about Dr. Armstrong.
8. Emily Brent in And Then There Were None
In Agatha Christie's ''And Then There Were None,'' Emily Brent represents the hypocritical religious fanatics that judge other people harshly while lacking empathy and compassion. In this lesson, we'll learn about Emily Brent.
9. General MacArthur in And Then There Were None
In ''And Then There Were None'' by Agatha Christie, General Macarthur, the lonely, retired military leader, immediately regrets coming to the island, but then accepts his fate. In this lesson, we learn more about General Macarthur.
10. Mrs. Rogers in And Then There Were None
In Agatha Christie's ''And Then There Were None,'' Mrs. Ethel Rogers is a cook and caretaker that has been hired to work on Indian Island. In this lesson, we find out why she seems so afraid.
11. Mr. Rogers in And Then There Were None
In Agatha Christie's mystery novel, ''And Then There Were None,'' Mr. Thomas Rogers is the butler assigned to Indian Island to care for the guests. In this lesson, we'll learn more about Mr. Rogers.
12. Anthony Marston in And Then There Were None
In ''And Then There Were None'', Agatha Christie portrays Anthony Marston as an attractive, spontaneous, and wealthy playboy who lacks the capacity to feel empathy or compassion for other people.
And Then There Were None Character List & Flashcards
This set of flashcards will cover all of the important characters from Agatha Christie's 'And Then There Were None'. You can use this set to help you understand the relationships between the characters in the novel.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the And Then There Were None Study Guide course