About This Chapter
Animal Adaptations for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Have your elementary school students work through this chapter to review adaptations for a variety of animals, including rainforest, desert, wetland and grassland animals. Taught by subject-matter experts, these short and entertaining lessons are designed specifically for younger students. The chapter includes plenty of quizzes to help reinforce the information, and your students can study at school or at home.
- Rainforest animals
- Desert animals
- Coral reef animals
- Tundra animals
- Wetland animals
- Grassland animals
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about animal adaptations will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about animal adaptations.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding information about different types of animal adaptations
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about animal adaptations
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about animal adaptations
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the animal adaptation topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about animal adaptations.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands animal adaptations by completing the Animal Adaptations for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Rainforest Animal Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson you will learn about the unique adaptations of rainforest animals. The rainforest is an incredibly unique environment, and it requires special adaptations in order to survive there.
2. Desert Animal Adaptations: Lesson for Kids
Desert animals are good at staying cool. Deserts are hot environments that get very little rain, so the creatures that call the desert home have developed physical and behavioral adaptations that help them deal with the heat and conserve water.
3. Coral Reef Animal Adaptations Lesson for Kids
Seeing a coral reef is like finding a treasure under the sea. Thousands of different kinds of animals and fish live in and around coral reefs. This lesson describes what kind of adaptations animals need to live in this wonderful place.
4. Tundra Animal Adaptations Lesson for Kids
The north pole is a mysterious place that most of us only see in our imaginations. Books and movies try to make it come to life, but what is it really like for animals that live there? This lesson describes how animals have adapted to living in the tundra.
5. Wetland Animal Adaptations Lesson for Kids
Wetland animals think the water's edge is the best place to live. But life isn't easy in these swampy areas. Learn about some of the common adaptations of wetland animals and how these adaptations allow them to thrive in their soggy homes.
6. Grassland Animal Adaptations Lesson for Kids
Every living thing on Earth has certain adaptations that help it survive in its environment or habitat. This lesson explains how animals that live in grasslands use their adaptations to survive in their unique habitat.
7. What are the Oldest Dog Breeds? - Lesson for Kids
What is your favorite dog breed? Do you know how long it's been around? Come and explore some of the oldest dog breeds in this lesson, such as the Chinese Shar-Pei, Chow Chow and many more.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Adaptations for Kids course