About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering chapter summaries of Animal Farm will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to understand the key components of each chapter in this novel. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing what happens in each chapter of Animal Farm
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual and auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Animal Farm: Chapter Summaries chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Animal Farm: Chapter Summaries chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the specific events that occurred in each chapter of Animal Farm for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Synopsis of the story's plot
- Detailed summaries of chapters 1-10
- Major turning points in the novel
1. Animal Farm: Plot Summary
This lesson details the plot summary of George Orwell's dystopian novel, 'Animal Farm.' See how Orwell used farm animals as allegories to describe what happened in the early years of the Soviet Union, then test yourself with a quiz!
2. Animal Farm Chapter 1: Summary
In this lesson, we will explore Chapter 1 of ''Animal Farm'' by George Orwell. The first chapter introduces us to many of the central characters, and the stage is set for the novel's overarching themes and developments.
3. Animal Farm Chapter 2: Summary
In this lesson, we will review the second chapter of George Orwell's novel, ''Animal Farm.'' Things begin to escalate between the animals and Mr. Jones, and a revolution is imminent. Read on to familiarize yourself with the chapter, and then test your knowledge with a quiz.
4. Animal Farm Chapter 3: Summary
In this lesson, we will summarize the third chapter of ''Animal Farm'' by George Orwell. In this chapter, the farm animals begin to learn what it means to live in a civilized society under Animalism.
5. Animal Farm Chapter 4: Summary
In the fourth chapter of ''Animal Farm'', Animalism continues to spread across the countryside. In this summary, we will learn how animals on other farms react to this news, as well as Man's response to the rising rebellion.
6. Animal Farm Chapter 5: Summary
In the fifth chapter of 'Animal Farm' by George Orwell, we learn about the power struggle between the leaders of Animalism and the consequences for being a free-thinker.
7. Animal Farm Chapter 6: Summary
In this lesson, we will summarize the events that happen in Chapter Six of ''Animal Farm'' by George Orwell. The load has doubled as animals work the farm and build the windmill. Will the animals remain happy with Animalism?
8. Animal Farm Chapter 7: Summary
In Chapter 7 of George Orwell's ''Animal Farm'', misery overtakes the farm as the animals work through the winter months with very little to eat. Sacrifices must be made or the animals will not survive.
9. Animal Farm Chapter 8: Summary
In this lesson, we will review Chapter Eight of ''Animal Farm,'' by George Orwell. The animals begin to notice that rules are changing. Rumors spread in all directions about Snowball and neighboring farmers and no one is sure what to believe.
10. Animal Farm Chapter 9: Summary
In this lesson, we will learn about the ninth chapter of the George Orwell novella, Animal Farm. In this lesson, Boxer looks forward to his retirement.
11. Animal Farm Chapter 10: Summary
In this lesson, we will review the events in Chapter 10, the final chapter of 'Animal Farm', by George Orwell. At this point, Animalism is well-established and the farm is running successfully, but are the animals any better off than they were before the Rebellion?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.