About This Chapter
Animal Life Cycles for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
In this fun and interesting chapter, our professional instructors cover the life cycles of various animals. Your elementary student can study the life cycles of dolphins, horses, lions, tigers and more in these specially-designed lessons for elementary students. Each lesson is followed by a short, multiple-choice quiz you can use to test your student's understanding or help them get ready for a test. These tools can be accessed on any mobile phone, tablet or computer.
Students can learn about the life cycles of the following animals:
- Dolphins and emperor penguins
- Lions and tigers
- Locusts and African Goliath beetles
- Kakapo parrots
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with the life cycles of animals will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about animal life cycles.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the life cycles of animals
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about animal life cycles
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about animal life cycles
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the animal life cycle topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about animal life cycles.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands the life cycles of animals by completing the Animal Life Cycles for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Life Cycle of Dolphins: Lesson for Kids
This lesson will explore the life cycle of dolphins. Key topics include mating, activities young dolphins engage in and special skills unique to dolphins. The lesson also briefly discusses the affect of captivity on a dolphin's life span.
2. Life Cycle of a Horse: Lesson for Kids
Horses have a life cycle that is different from yours. They grow up quickly during different phases in their lives. Continue reading to explore the fascinating milestones in a horse's life cycle.
3. Life Cycle of a Lion: Lesson for Kids
Just like you go through life stages, or a life cycle from being a baby, to an adult, lions grow up in stages too. In this lesson, you will learn the life stages of a lion and see picture examples.
4. Tiger Life Cycle: Lesson for Kids
Tigers go through a life cycle from cub to adult. This lesson will teach you about how big the cubs are when they're born, what happens as they grow up and some other cool facts about tigers.
5. Life Cycle of an Emperor Penguin: Lesson for Kids
Emperor penguins are the largest of all penguins, but they start out as little eggs. Come learn about their life cycle, how it begins and how they go from a small egg to a big, flightless bird.
6. African Goliath Beetle Life Cycle: Lesson for Kids
African goliath beetles are some of the biggest beetles found on Earth. This lesson will teach you about the different stages of their life cycle and how big these huge insects eventually become.
7. Kakapo Parrot Lesson for Kids: Facts & Life Cycle
The kakapo is a type of parrot, but you won't see it on the shoulder of a pirate because it's too big! Read this lesson to learn more interesting facts about this rare bird.
8. Locust Life Cycle: Lesson for Kids
One of the most common sounds on a hot, summer night is the sound of locusts. You may have seen these insects as adults, but what did they look like when they were younger? Read this lesson to learn about the locust's life cycle.
9. Life Cycle of a Housefly: Lesson for Kids
Think back to when you were born. You've changed a lot since then and will continue to change during your life cycle. In this lesson, you are going to learn about the typical life cycle of a housefly and how quickly they go through many changes.
10. Life Cycle of a Platypus: Lesson for Kids
The platypus is an incredibly unique animal found in Australia. In this lesson, learn the physical features that make the platypus one-of-a-kind. Also, we'll explore how and when a platypus reproduces.
11. Scorpion Life Cycle: Lesson for Kids
Scorpions are arachnids and go through a life cycle like other arachnids. But do you know what that looks like? Most people just think of scorpions as creepy crawlers, but today we're going to learn some fun facts and all about their life cycle!
12. Life Cycle of a Crocodile: Lesson for Kids
Like all living things, crocodiles change and grow over the duration of their life cycle. This lesson will investigate the three stages of a crocodile's life cycle: before birth, young, and adult.
13. Hedgehog Life Cycle: Lesson for Kids
Learn how hedgehogs are born and grow up to have hoglets (hedgehog babies) of their own. Hedgehogs have their babies in early summer and like to hibernate, or sleep all the way through the cold weather, in the winter.
14. Koala Life Cycle: Lesson for Kids
A life cycle refers to a living thing's birth, reproduction, and death. All living things have a life cycle. This lesson will teach you all about the life cycle of a koala!
15. Monkey Life Cycle: Lesson for Kids
Every organism experiences a life cycle, just like you do. In this lesson, you are going to learn about the life cycle of a monkey, from birth through adulthood.
16. Starfish Life Cycle: Lesson for Kids
Most people know about the life cycles of pets, like puppies or kittens, that are born, grow up and have their own children, then get old and die. But people don't usually know what goes on under the sea. Let's learn about the life cycle of a starfish.
17. Wolf Life Cycle: Lesson for Kids
Every living thing or organism goes through stages of life known as a life cycle. In this lesson, you'll learn about the life cycle of a wolf, beginning with the gestation period and ending with adulthood.
18. Lifespan of an Alligator: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever wondered how scientists figure out how old alligators are? Since alligators don't have birthday parties, scientists needed to find a way to figure out their ages. Let's find out how they do it, and how old alligators live to be.
19. What are the Names of Animal Groups? - Lesson for Kids
Dogs, fish, whales, spiders, and flies. What do they all have in common? They are animals. Sometimes when talking about animals we need to divide them into different groups. This lesson will tell you one way it is done.
20. Sheep Life Cycle: Lesson for kids
Sheep are very quiet and gentle animals who often live in a flock. Very much like us, sheep have a specific life cycle. If you'd like to learn more, read this lesson about the life cycle of a sheep.
21. Bald Eagle Life Cycle: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, learn about the life cycle of America's national bird, the bald eagle. Follow a bald eagle through each stage of its life cycle, from egg to adult.
22. Life Cycle of a Hen: Lesson for Kids
Hens are found on farms all over the world, and they go through several stages in their life cycle. In this lesson, learn about a hen's life from hatching to adulthood.
23. Life Cycle of a Turkey: Lesson for Kids
Most people only think about turkeys as a delicious part of their Thanksgiving meal, but don't know not much about them. In this lesson, you'll learn about the life cycle of this American bird.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Plants & Animals for Kids course
- Animal Habitats & Endangerment for Elementary School
- Cheetahs for Elementary School
- Horses for Elementary School
- Tigers for Elementary School
- What Animals Eat for Elementary School
- Animals of Geographic Locations for Kids
- Large Mammals for Kids
- Bugs, Butterflies & Insects for Kids
- Reptiles for Kids
- Aquatic Animals & Marine Life for Kids
- Foxes & Wolves for Kids
- Small Mammals for Kids
- Australian Plants and Animals for Kids
- Monkeys, Apes, and Chimps for Kids
- Snakes for Elementary School
- Crustaceans for Elementary School
- Birds for Elementary School
- Fish for Elementary School
- Trees for Elementary School
- Plants for Elementary School
- Pigs for Elementary School
- Sea Creatures for Elementary School
- Large Birds for Elementary School
- Cranes for Elementary School
- Doves for Elementary School
- Egrets for Elementary School
- Geese for Elementary School
- Gulls for Elementary School
- Hawks for Elementary School
- Herons for Elementary School
- Rain Forest Birds for Elementary School
- Falcons for Elementary School
- Woodpeckers for Elementary School