About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help contextualizing and analyzing important quotes from Anne Frank's The Diary of a Young Girl will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to review significant quotes about the book's themes and subject matter. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding quotes from Anne Frank's The Diary of a Young Girl
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Anne Frank's The Diary of a Young Girl Quotes chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Anne Frank's The Diary of a Young Girl Quotes chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about The Diary of a Young Girl quotes for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Quotes from Otto Frank and Miep Gies
- The Diary of a Young Girl quotations about the Holocaust, hiding, bombing, human nature and family
- Key quotes pertaining to the book's themes of courage, tolerance, maturity, sexuality, love and beauty
1. Otto Frank Quotes from Diary of a Young Girl
Otto Frank is depicted as an ideal father in Anne Frank's 'Diary of a Young Girl.' In this lesson, we will take a close look at quotes from Anne about her father.
2. Miep Gies Quotes from Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl
In this lesson, we will learn about Miep Gies, one of the helpers that supported Anne and the other people who were hiding out in the Annex, by looking at and examining some quotes about Miep from Anne Frank's 'Diary of a Young Girl.'
3. Holocaust Quotes in Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl
This lesson will explore famous quotations about the Holocaust from ''Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl'', and how those quotations still carry meaning in our world today.
4. Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl Quotes about Hiding & Bombing
Anne Frank's ''The Diary of a Young Girl'' provides an eyewitness account of the terror experienced by Jews during World War II. In her diary, Anne Frank describes life in hiding in Nazi-occupied Amsterdam. Not only do Anne Frank and the others at the Secret Annex fear being found, but they are also terrified of the frequent bombings.
5. Human Nature Quotes in Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl
In this lesson, we will examine some of Anne Frank's insights into human nature. We will draw that from her ''The Diary of a Young Girl'', looking at quotes from the book.
6. Family Quotes in Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl
Like most families, the relationships between the members of the Frank family are not perfect, but Anne Frank feels a strong sense of loyalty to her sister and parents in 'Diary of a Young Girl'. Because of the extraordinary circumstances of life in hiding, Anne comes to view the other residents of the Secret Annex as family as well.
7. Courage & Tolerance Quotes in Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl
In this lesson, we will examine some of the inspirational quotes that appear in Anne Frank's ''Diary of a Young Girl'' that focus on Anne's resolve to give a life of courage and tolerance.
8. Maturity Quotes in Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl
In ''The Diary of Anne Frank'', Anne is only 13 when they go into hiding, but over the two years she spends in the secret annex, she matures and grows up into a young woman who is aware of the troubles around her.
9. Sexuality & Love Quotes in Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl
Anne Frank's 'Diary of a Young Girl' is about a young girl coming of age while her family is in hiding from the Nazis in Amsterdam. In the Secret Annex where she lives, Anne experiences love for the first time with Peter van Daan. There, she also has straightforward discussions with her father and Peter about sexuality and love.
10. Beauty Quotes in Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl
Anne Frank and her family had to hide during World War II and the Holocaust because of their Jewish faith. They were in hiding for two years during which Anne wrote about all her experiences in her diary, whether it was about love, conflict, or beauty.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Anne Frank - The Diary of a Young Girl Study Guide course
- Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl Literary Context
- Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl Historical Context
- Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl Literary Analysis
- Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl Literary Devices
- Anne Frank's Diary of a Young Girl Characters
- Teaching Anne Frank's The Diary of a Young Girl