About This Chapter
Anti-Bullying Campaigns & Activities - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter provide you with several suggestions and ideas to help you find ways to teach your students about bullying and how they can prevent it. Get instructions about how to develop anti-bullying policies, prepare topics and activities for assemblies, write essays and come up with campaigns to fight bullying in your classroom and in your school. Helpful video and text lessons provide detailed outlines for these and other activities that will fully engage your students and introduce fun and creative ways to approach this topic.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness - Increases student awareness of bullying and the importance of preventing it in their school.
- Engages students: Keeps students interested in the topic by providing creative outlets for them to express their ideas about anti-bullying practices.
- Enhances student understanding - Builds students' knowledge about what defines bullying and the negative effects of it on their school.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Formulate anti-bullying policies in your classroom
- Assign anti-bullying essay topics to your students
- Share project ideas, such as posters and crafts, to help students learn about anti-bullying practices
- Create anti-bullying campaigns
- Help students write anti-bullying songs and poems
- Engage students in relevant activities during No Name-Calling Week
1. Anti-Bullying Poster Ideas
Are you teaching an anti-bullying curriculum? Is your school sponsoring an anti-bullying program? This article provides a few ideas for posters can that be created by students to support an anti-bullying theme.
2. Anti-Bullying Campaign Ideas
An anti-bullying campaign can bring a school community together, and get students actively involved in the fight to put an end to bullying. From peer support systems to celebrating diversity, there's a lot we can do to prevent or reduce bullying.
3. Anti-Bullying Poems & Songs
Bullying is a problem in school today. This lesson discusses different ways to use music and poetry to promote an anti-bullying message and engage students.
4. Anti-Bullying Projects & Crafts
Bullying is a largely preventable problem. Why not integrate anti-bullying efforts in your instruction? These ideas for anti-bullying projects and crafts will help you accomplish this goal.
5. Anti-Bullying Policy Template
Every school should have an anti-bullying program in place. The first thing you should create is a policy that clearly outlines your school's anti-bullying efforts. This lesson will provide a template you can use to create your school's policy.
6. Anti-Bullying Assembly Ideas
Bullying is a pervasive problem in schools around the world. Its effects can be devastating for students and the school as a whole. These assembly ideas are geared toward raising awareness and preventing bullying.
7. Anti-Bullying Week Ideas
Is your school having an anti-bullying week? Need some ideas for school, or classroom, activities and events? This lesson provides some ideas that can be modified to meet your specific needs.
8. Bullying Essay Topics
Bullying is a hurtful and destructive behavior that is growing in frequency in our schools. Educating students to recognize bullying and knowing how to stand up to bullies is critical to protecting them. Use the questions below to encourage students to understand bullying and be more powerful against it.
9. No Name Calling Week Activities
Instituting a No Name Calling Week can be a great way to tackle the problem in your school and bring a community together. Get your students involved in the following activities during such a week.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Interpersonal Skills: Lesson Plans & Activities course
- Interpersonal Relationships Lesson Plans
- Types of Communication Lesson Plans
- Social Skills Lesson Plans
- Team Building Lesson Plans & Resources
- Anti-Bullying Lesson Plans & Resources
- Classroom Bullying Prevention
- Anti-Bullying Statutes
- Suicide Prevention Resources
- Cyberbullying Resources for Teachers
- Cyberbullying Resources for Parents
- Peer Pressure Resources for Teachers