About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other AP biology work.
- Identify the anatomy and physiology of reproductive systems concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our AP biology tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn the anatomy and physiology of reproductive systems and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the male reproductive system, the female reproductive axis, roles of hormones, or any other anatomy and physiology of reproductive systems topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their AP biology - anatomy and physiology of reproductive systems unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in AP biology
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning anatomy and physiology of reproductive systems simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live biology tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn anatomy and physiology of reproductive systems on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Discuss the anatomy of the male reproductive system.
- Describe the journey of sperm from the testes to the urethral orifice.
- List the hormones involved in male reproduction.
- Explore the structure and parts of the uterus and uterine wall.
- Take a look at the internal and external anatomy of the female reproductive system.
- Learn which hormones control the ovarian cycle.
- Become familiar with the phases of the ovarian and uterine cycles.
- Describe the oocyte's journey from the ovary to where it implants in the uterus.
1. Male Reproductive System: Functions, Organs & Anatomy
Ever wonder what the inside of a male looks like? Find out in this lesson that explores the inner workings of the male reproductive system and the pathway that sperm takes.
2. Male Reproductive System: Accessory Gland Functions
Males require a number of different glands to aid in the production of semen. Find out more about those glands in this lesson covering the male accessory glands.
3. Testicular Anatomy: Structure, Terms & Diagrams
Ever wonder about where sperm is made? Find out in this lesson covering the function and anatomy of the male testes. We'll talk about sperm and testosterone production and how the two work together.
4. Male Reproductive System: External Anatomy
Learn about the structure and function of the external reproductive structures of the male. This includes study of the scrotal sac, the parts of the penis and the erectile tissues.
5. Sperm's Journey from the Testes to Urethral Orifice
Follow newly created sperm as they make their way from their origin of creation, the male testes, all the way to the exit of the male reproductive tract.
6. The HPG Axis: Hormones of Male Reproduction
Do you know how your body communicates? How does the brain get in touch with other parts of the body? In this lesson, you will learn about how the male's brain uses hormones to communicate to the testes as a way of regulating reproduction.
7. Female Reproductive System: Internal Anatomy
Ever wonder where a female produces her eggs or how they get from the ovary to the uterus? Find out in this lesson about the internal reproductive anatomy of females.
8. The Uterus and Uterine Wall: Structure and Parts
Learn all about the structure responsible for the development of babies in this lesson on uterine anatomy. Discover the three layers of the uterus and each layer's purpose.
9. External Anatomy of the Female Reproductive System
We all know that men and women are different. But just how different are they? Learn a little more about the differences between men and women in this lesson on female external reproductive anatomy.
10. HPG Axis: Hormonal Control of the Ovarian Cycle
Everything in the female reproductive system is connected. See how the brain interacts with the ovaries during the female's ovarian cycle in this lesson covering the female HPG axis.
11. Phases of The Ovarian Cycle: Overview from Puberty to Menopause
Just like the human body has to grow and mature before it is ready to reproduce the female's gamete, the egg also has to grow and mature. This lesson will introduce the process through which that occurs, the ovarian cycle.
12. Follicular Phase of the Ovarian Cycle
The female gamete, the oocyte, grows and matures in a process known as the ovarian cycle. Learn about the first part of the ovarian cycle, the follicular phase, in this lesson.
13. Luteal Phase of the Ovarian Cycle
Each month, the ovaries recruit and mature a subset of oocytes in preparation for ovulation. Learn what happens after ovulation occurs in the second phase of the ovarian cycle, known as the luteal phase.
14. The Uterine Cycle: Phases and Endometrial Changes
Just like a woman's ovaries go through the monthly cycle of recruiting eggs, her uterus also goes through a monthly cycle as it prepares for the possible implantation of a fertilized egg. This lesson will introduce you to the phases and hormones of the female's uterine cycle.
15. The Uterine Cycle: Menses
Each month the female's uterus prepares for the potential of pregnancy. However, pregnancy doesn't occur the majority of the time. In those months, the female's uterus has to 'reset' itself for the next month. It does that during the first phase of the uterine cycle, menses.
16. The Uterine Cycle: Proliferative Phase
A woman's body goes through many changes as it prepares for the possibility of pregnancy. Learn about how the uterus prepares for pregnancy by building up its inner lining during this lesson on the proliferative phase of the uterine cycle.
17. The Uterine Cycle: Secretory Phase
The third (and final) phase of the uterine cycle is the secretory phase. During this phase, the uterine tissue regrowth is completed in preparation for the possibility of pregnancy and the implantation of a fertilized egg.
18. The Female Reproductive Axis: Coordination of the Brain, Ovaries & Uterus
Without proper communication between the brain, ovaries and uterus, reproduction might not be as efficient. Learn about how these organs work together to ensure the body is ready for reproduction.
19. Ovulation to Implantation: Oocyte's Path through Uterine Tubes
Follow the female's egg as it leaves the ovary and travels down the uterine tube on its way to the uterus - all with hopes of meeting up with a male's sperm along the way.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Biology: Tutoring Solution course
- AP Biology - Science Basics: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - The Origin of Life on Earth: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Evolution: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Inorganic Chemistry: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Organic Chemistry: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Enzymatic Biochemistry: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Cell Biology: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Requirements of Biological Systems: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Cell Division: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Metabolic Biochemistry: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - DNA and RNA: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - DNA Replication: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Transcription and Translation: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Genetics and Heredity: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Genetic Mutations: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Phylogeny and the Classification of Organisms: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Plant Biology: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Plant Reproduction and Growth: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Animal Reproduction and Development: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - The Circulatory, Respiratory, Digestive, Excretory, and Musculoskeletal Systems: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - The Nervous, Immune, and Endocrine Systems: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Ecology: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Animal Behavior: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Basic Molecular Biology Laboratory Techniques: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Laboratory: Tutoring Solution
- AP Biology - Analyzing Scientific Data: Tutoring Solution