About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which types of essays and essay basics concepts are covered on your homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your Essay Basics - Types of Essay homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Narrative essays
- Descriptive essays
- Informative essays
- Evaluative essays
- Persuasive essays
1. Narrative Essay: Definition, Examples & Characteristics
Essays come in many forms. In this lesson, you'll learn all about a narrative essay, from its basic definition to the key characteristics that make for an engaging and effective essay.
2. Descriptive Essay: Definition, Examples & Characteristics
A descriptive essay allows you to paint a picture for your reader in words. Watch this video to learn more about the techniques and elements that can help you fill the picture with lots of great details.
3. Informative Essay: Definition, Examples & Structure
There are many ways to inform your reader on a topic, from comparing and contrasting to providing a simple definition. Watch this lesson to learn about informative essays and how they educate readers through different formats.
4. Evaluative Essay: Examples, Format & Characteristics
A good evaluative essay helps a writer present an opinion using criteria and evidence. Learn all about the evaluative essay and its components in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP English Literature: Homework Help Resource course
- AP English - Literary Analysis Intro: Homework Help
- AP English - Interpreting Literature: Homework Help
- Rhetorical Devices in AP English: Homework Help
- AP English Literature - Poetry: Homework Help
- AP English - Types of Poetry: Homework Help
- AP English - Prose: Homework Help
- American Literary Periods: Homework Help
- AP English - Examples of American Literary Analysis: Homework Help
- AP English - English Literary Periods and Movements: Homework Help
- AP English - Examples of English Literary Analysis: Homework Help
- Grammar Review in AP English: Homework Help
- Conventions in Essay Writing - AP English: Homework Help
- Beginning the Writing Process in AP English: Homework Help
- Writing & Structuring an Essay in AP English: Homework Help
- Writing Revision for AP English: Homework Help
- About the AP English Literature Test