About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other AP English work.
- Identify the writing revision and skill development concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our AP English tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn writing revision and skill development and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding common writing mistakes, proofreading methods or any other writing revision and skill development topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English learning
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their writing revision and skill development unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in AP English
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning writing revision and skill development simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live English tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn writing revision and skill development on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn how to write great essays quickly.
- Discuss methods for practicing essay writing to improve your skills.
- Identify the common errors to watch out for when revising essays.
- Learn the benefits of journal writing
1. How to Write a Great Essay Quickly
Many tests will require you to write a timed essay. You may feel panicked at the idea of having to produce a high-quality essay under a tight time constraint. But you can relax: this video shows you four basic steps to follow so that you can write a great essay quickly.
2. Practicing Essay Writing to Get Better at Writing
It can be tough to practice your essay-writing skills on your own without a teacher's feedback. With some time and practice (and by using this game plan), you'll be on your way to practicing, evaluating and improving your writing.
3. Writing Revision: How to Fix Mistakes in Your Writing
Writing is an important skill, but revising your writing is also. In this lesson, learn the basics of self-editing, including editing for content and for mechanics, such as grammar and misspellings.
4. Journal Writing: Benefits, Examples & Prompts
In this lesson, you'll discover the benefits of journal writing, including increased writing output. Keep listening and watching to find out how journal writing can improve your critical inquiry, formal essay writing and reflective thinking skills.
5. What is the Pulitzer Prize? - Definition & History
This lesson will explore the creation of the Pulitzer Prize and its importance on American journalism, photography, writing, and music. We will also discuss its creator, Joseph Pulitzer, and his impact on newspaper journalism.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP English Language: Tutoring Solution course
- AP English - Reading Essays - Basics: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - Rhetorical Devices: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - Beginning the Writing Process: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - Writing & Structuring an Essay: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - Essay Writing Conventions: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - Grammar Review: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - Using Source Materials: Tutoring Solution
- Essay Writing Basics
- Essay Clarity
- Editing Your Writing