About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your environmental ethics and politics homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your environmental ethics and politics homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Environmental ethics and human values
- Environmental worldviews
- Issues related to environmental justice
- Environmental planning and decision making
- Environmental legislation
- Requirements of environmental impact statements
- Incentive-based regulation
- World trade rules and environmental policies
- Future environmental concerns
1. Environmental Ethics & Human Values: Definition & Impact on Environmental Problems
Environmental ethics take into consideration the moral obligations human beings have concerning the environment. Learn how environmental ethics and human values affect our ability to understand and solve environmental problems.
2. Environmental Worldviews: Western & Deep Ecology
Environmental worldviews are the commonly shared beliefs that give groups of people a sense how humans should interact with the environment. Learn about two contrasting environmental worldviews: western and deep ecology.
3. What is Environmental Justice? - Definition, Principles, Examples & Issues
Environmental justice is a movement that grew from the recognition of a disproportionate number of environmental burdens in certain communities. It works to ensure a healthy environment for all regardless of race, nationality, income, gender or age.
4. Environmental Planning & Decision Making: Definition & Components
Environmental planning and decision making take into consideration the needs of society and the natural environment when developing an area. Learn how environmental planning and decision making are carried out to create sustainable outcomes.
5. What is Environmental Legislation? - Laws, Regulations & Timeline
Environmental legislation is a collection of many laws and regulations aimed at protecting the environment from harmful actions. Learn about the National Environmental Policy Act and other environmental laws.
6. What is an Environmental Impact Statement? - Definition, Requirements & Example
An Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is a document that takes into consideration the environmental impact of a proposed action. Learn how an EIS is used to ensure that the goals of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) are met.
7. Incentive-Based Regulatory Approaches: Environmental Taxes & Tradable Permits
An incentive-based regulatory approach aims to reduce environmentally-harmful pollutants by offering inducements to polluters who limit their emissions. Learn how environmental taxes and tradable permits are utilized to help protect the environment.
8. World Trade Rules & Environmental Policies
Environmental policies help the environment by managing human activities. Learn how world trade rules and environmental policies relate to each other and the impact they can have on environmental protection in this lesson.
9. Future Environmental Concerns: Population, Food Supply, Energy & Pollution
There are many issues that raise future environmental concerns. Learn how the environment may be impacted by the growing population and food and energy needs of the world, as well as growing pollution concerns as we move through the 21st century.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Environmental Science: Homework Help Resource course
- Introduction to AP Environmental Science: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Geologic Time: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Plate Tectonics: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Earthquakes: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Volcanoes: Homework Help
- AP Science Homework Help - the Environment and Atmosphere
- AP Environmental Science - Weather and Storms: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Water Balance: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Running Water: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Ground Water: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Glaciers: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Oceans: Homework Help
- Water Issues in AP Environmental Science: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Minerals, Rocks & Soil: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Ecosystems: Homework Help
- AP Science Homework Help: Interaction Among Organisms in the Ecosystem
- AP Environmental Science - Evolving Ecosystems: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Biological Science: Homework Help
- AP Science Homework Help: Population & the Environment
- AP Science - Food & Agricultural Resource: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Land Use: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Mining & Fishing: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Energy Concepts: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Renewable Resources: Homework Help
- AP Environmental Science - Nonrenewable Resources: Homework Help
- AP Science - Hazardous and Solid Waste: Homework Help
- AP Science Homework Help: Human Impact on the Environment
- Environmental Sustainability: Homework Help for AP Science
- Environmental Risk Analysis: Homework Help for AP Science
- AP Science Homework Help: Global Environmental Economics