About This Chapter
AP Environmental Science Flashcards - Summary
Get the knowledge boost you need to excel on the AP Environmental Science exam using these fun flashcards. The flashcards are designed to help you go over and memorize important exam concepts in a short amount of time. Topics covered in these flashcards sets include time and dating in geology, volcanoes, flowing water, ecosystems, environmental risk analysis and environmental ethics. You'll also gain full comprehension of topics that include:
- Earthquakes, the atmosphere, weather and storms
- Ground water systems, oceanic systems, life cycle of glaciers, water issues and conservation
- Evolving and changing ecosystems
- Food and agricultural resources, mining, fishing, forestry and rangelands
- Renewable and nonrenewable energy sources and resources
- How humans impact and sustain the environment
How They Work
Preparing for the AP Environmental Science exam using flashcards is simple and fun. To ensure you're fully knowledgeable of important exam topics, follow the process below:
- Open a flashcard set for the AP Environmental Science topic you're studying.
- Identify the environmental science term, concept or image on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Flashcards - Environmental Science Basics
Flashcards - Time & Dating in Geology
Flashcards - The Lithosphere
Flashcards - Understanding Earthquakes
Flashcards - Volcanoes
Flashcards - The Atmosphere and the Environment
Flashcards - Weather and Storms
Flashcards - Water Balance
Flashcards - Flowing Water
Flashcards - Ground Water Systems
Flashcards - Oceanic Systems & Characteristics
Flashcards - Life Cycle of Glaciers
Flashcards - Water Issues & Conservation
Flashcards - Minerals, Rocks & Soil
Flashcards - Ecosystems
Flashcards - Interaction Among Organisms in the Ecosystem
Flashcards - Evolving Ecosystems
Flashcards - Changing Ecosystems
Flashcards - Population and the Environment
Flashcards - Food and Agricultural Resources
Flashcards - Mining & Fishing
Flashcards - Energy Concepts
Flashcards - Renewable Energy Resources
Flashcards - Nonrenewable Energy Sources
Flashcards - Effects of Humans on the Environment
Severe Weather Events Flashcards
Want to check your knowledge on common weather events and why they happen? Use this set of flashcards to help gauge your understanding, reinforce concepts, or study up on severe weather events.
Water Cycle Vocabulary & Flashcards
In this flashcard set, you will learn about the water cycle and how water, a natural resource, moves around the Earth and cycles through living and nonliving things.
Flashcards - Environmental Risk Analysis
Flashcards - Global Environmental Economics
Flashcards - Environmental Ethics & Politics
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Environmental Science: Exam Prep course
- Environmental Science Basics
- The Lithosphere
- The Atmosphere and the Environment
- Weather and Storms
- Water Balance
- Ground Water Systems
- Oceanic Systems & Characteristics
- Water Issues & Conservation
- Minerals, Rocks & Soil
- Interaction Among Organisms in the Ecosystem
- Evolving Ecosystems
- Changing Ecosystems
- Population and the Environment
- Food and Agricultural Resources
- Forestry, Rangelands & Other Land Use
- Mining & Fishing
- Energy Concepts
- Renewable Energy Resources
- Nonrenewable Energy Sources
- Waste Management
- Effects of Humans on the Environment
- Sustaining the Environment
- Environmental Risk Analysis
- Global Environmental Economics