About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your 18th century powers homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your 18th century powers homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- European powers in the 18th century
- Russian czars in the Reformation
- Prussia and Austria
- Impact of the Seven Years War
- Great Britain as an 18th century power
- France and Louis XIV, XV and XVI
- Poland and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
1. European Powers in the 18th Century: Alliances, Wars & the Balance of Power
This lesson will provide an overview of the major alliances and wars of 18th century Europe. We will meet the major players, explore their conflicts, and examine the delicate balance of power that was always in danger of falling apart.
2. Russian Czars During the Reformation: Michael Romanov and Peter the Great
In this lesson, we explore the rule of two Russian czars during the Reformation period, Michael Romanov and Peter the Great, both of whom spent their childhoods in exile before ruling Europe's largest country.
3. 18th Century Powers: Prussia and Austria
In this lesson, we will examine Prussia and Austria in the 18th century. We will study their development, learn about the conflicts between them and see how their monarchs tried to reform their governments and societies.
4. The Seven Years' War: History & Impact
In this lesson we explore the Seven Years' War, a global conflict that was fought in central Europe and in North America, which had important financial and territorial ramifications for its participants.
5. 18th Century Powers: Great Britain
In this lesson, we will study Great Britain in the 18th century. We will explore the monarchs of the era, the country's major political and economic developments, and Britain's participation in the century's wars.
6. 18th Century Powers: France and Louis XIV, XV, and XVI
In this lesson, we will study the triumphs and trials of France in the 18th century. We will especially focus on the reigns of Louis XIV, Louis XV, and Louis XVI.
7. 18th Century Powers: Poland & the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
In this lesson, we will study Poland in the 18th century. We will take a close look at the inner workings of the country, the external influences that affected it, and the partitions that finally wiped Poland off the map.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Homework Help Resource course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Renaissance Philosophy, Art & Literature
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe During the Reformation
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Homework Help
- The Rise of Monarchical Nation States: Homework Help
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Enlightenment & Scientific Revolution
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: 19th Century Revolutionary Movements
- AP History Homework Help: The First Industrial Revolution
- AP History Homework Help: Nation States in the 19th Century
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - Russia After World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - The 1920s & 1930s: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War II: Homework Help
- AP European History - Post-war Europe: Homework Help
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe After the Soviet Union
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Essay Writing on the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Completing Your AP European History Exam Essay: Homework Help