About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your 19th century revolutionary movements homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your 19th century revolutionary movements homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Restoration of Europe's balance of power
- Competing ideologies during the Restoration
- Political reform in Europe
- European revolutions in 1848
- Revolutionary movements in Portugal and Spain
- Unification of Italy
- Modernization of Greece
- Political, economic and social reforms in Russia
- French Revolution of 1848
- European colonialism
- Crimean War events
1. Europe After Napoleon: Restoration & the Balance of Power
In this lesson, we explore the end of Napoleon and the French Empire's control of Europe. We'll also look at the resulting settlement the European powers hoped would create a sustainable peace.
2. Competing Ideologies During the Restoration: Conservatism & Nationalism
In this lesson, we explore the competing political ideologies of conservatism and nationalism during the 19th century and discuss a few events that exemplified this clash.
3. Competing Ideologies During the Restoration: Liberalism & Socialism
In this lesson, we explore the competing political and economic ideologies that motivated many reform movements in 19th-century Europe: liberalism and socialism.
4. Political Restoration and Reform in Europe
In this lesson, we explore the major changes that were made to the boundaries and political apparatuses in European states after the fall of Napoleon, most notably in the German lands and in the Low Countries.
5. Central European Revolutions of 1848: History, Causes & Effects
This lesson explores the Central European revolutions of 1848. In doing so, it will highlight the nationalist movements across Germany, Austria, and Italy. It will also signify the revolution in France as the catalyst for this historic year.
6. Revolutionary Movements of Portugal and Spain: Political & Economic Developments
In this lesson we explore the revolutionary movements in both Spain and Portugal in the 19th century and the long struggle between liberal revolutionaries and the traditional monarchies.
7. Revolutionary Movements of Italy and Greece: Movements, Unification & Modernization
In this lesson, we examine the revolutionary and nationalist movements in Italy and Greece. We'll also look at the obstacles both states had to overcome to become internationally recognized nations.
8. Revolutionary Movements of Russia: Political, Economic & Social Reform
In this lesson, we'll explore the tumultuous domestic history of 19th-century Russia, where czars opposed radical nationalists and periods of liberal reform alternated with periods of violent political suppression.
9. Political & Economic Reform in 19th-century Britain
In this lesson, we explore the political, social, and economic reform that was enacted in Great Britain during the 19th century in response to the overwhelming pressures placed on British society by the Industrial Revolution.
10. The French Revolution of 1848: History, Causes & Events
This lesson will explore the French Revolution of 1848 that led to the eventual rise of Napoleon Bonaparte III. It will highlight the revolution of the bourgeoisie while also explaining the conflict of the middle classes known as June Days.
11. Colonialism Across Europe
In the late 1400s, European explorers learned how to cross the Atlantic Ocean. This lesson explores the impact of the colonization of the Americas by Europeans and the reasons they emigrated.
12. The Crimean War: Summary, Causes & Effects
In this lesson, we explore the Crimean War of 1854-1856 between Russia and the Ottoman Empire, France, and Great Britain. It is often considered one of the more bungled military campaigns in recent Western history.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Homework Help Resource course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Renaissance Philosophy, Art & Literature
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe During the Reformation
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Homework Help
- The Rise of Monarchical Nation States: Homework Help
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Enlightenment & Scientific Revolution
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Homework Help
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: The First Industrial Revolution
- AP History Homework Help: Nation States in the 19th Century
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - Russia After World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - The 1920s & 1930s: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War II: Homework Help
- AP European History - Post-war Europe: Homework Help
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe After the Soviet Union
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Essay Writing on the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Completing Your AP European History Exam Essay: Homework Help