About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other AP European History work.
- Identify the 19th century revolutionary movements concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our AP European history tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn 19th century revolutionary movements and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding Europe after Napoleon, the ideologies of the Restoration, political and economic reforms, the Central European revolutions of 1848, colonialism across Europe, the Crimean War or any other 19th century revolutionary movements topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their history learning
- Prefer learning history visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their 19th century revolutionary movements unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in AP European History
- Don't have access to their history teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about 19th century revolutionary movements simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live European history tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about 19th century revolutionary movements on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Describe the restoration of European power after the fall of Napoleon.
- Compare and contrast conservatism and nationalism during the Restoration.
- Differentiate between liberalism and socialism during the Restoration.
- Discuss the causes and effects of the Central European revolutions of 1848.
- Take a look at the revolutionary movements in Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece and Russia.
- Learn about the economic and political reform in Britain during the 19th century.
- Understand what led to the French Revolution of 1848.
- Examine the 19th century colonialism in Europe.
- Describe the causes and effects of the Crimean War.
1. Europe After Napoleon: Restoration & the Balance of Power
In this lesson, we explore the end of Napoleon and the French Empire's control of Europe. We'll also look at the resulting settlement the European powers hoped would create a sustainable peace.
2. Competing Ideologies During the Restoration: Conservatism & Nationalism
In this lesson, we explore the competing political ideologies of conservatism and nationalism during the 19th century and discuss a few events that exemplified this clash.
3. Competing Ideologies During the Restoration: Liberalism & Socialism
In this lesson, we explore the competing political and economic ideologies that motivated many reform movements in 19th-century Europe: liberalism and socialism.
4. Political Restoration and Reform in Europe
In this lesson, we explore the major changes that were made to the boundaries and political apparatuses in European states after the fall of Napoleon, most notably in the German lands and in the Low Countries.
5. Central European Revolutions of 1848: History, Causes & Effects
This lesson explores the Central European revolutions of 1848. In doing so, it will highlight the nationalist movements across Germany, Austria, and Italy. It will also signify the revolution in France as the catalyst for this historic year.
6. Revolutionary Movements of Portugal and Spain: Political & Economic Developments
In this lesson we explore the revolutionary movements in both Spain and Portugal in the 19th century and the long struggle between liberal revolutionaries and the traditional monarchies.
7. Revolutionary Movements of Italy and Greece: Movements, Unification & Modernization
In this lesson, we examine the revolutionary and nationalist movements in Italy and Greece. We'll also look at the obstacles both states had to overcome to become internationally recognized nations.
8. Revolutionary Movements of Russia: Political, Economic & Social Reform
In this lesson, we'll explore the tumultuous domestic history of 19th-century Russia, where czars opposed radical nationalists and periods of liberal reform alternated with periods of violent political suppression.
9. Political & Economic Reform in 19th-century Britain
In this lesson, we explore the political, social, and economic reform that was enacted in Great Britain during the 19th century in response to the overwhelming pressures placed on British society by the Industrial Revolution.
10. The French Revolution of 1848: History, Causes & Events
This lesson will explore the French Revolution of 1848 that led to the eventual rise of Napoleon Bonaparte III. It will highlight the revolution of the bourgeoisie while also explaining the conflict of the middle classes known as June Days.
11. Colonialism Across Europe
In the late 1400s, European explorers learned how to cross the Atlantic Ocean. This lesson explores the impact of the colonization of the Americas by Europeans and the reasons they emigrated.
12. The Crimean War: Summary, Causes & Effects
In this lesson, we explore the Crimean War of 1854-1856 between Russia and the Ottoman Empire, France, and Great Britain. It is often considered one of the more bungled military campaigns in recent Western history.
13. Realpolitik: Definition, Meaning & Diplomacy
In this lesson we will examine the concept of realpolitik. We will define the term, explore its meaning and nuances, and highlight examples of it in use.
14. Henry Fox Talbot: Photography & Biography
In this lesson, you will learn about Henry Fox Talbot's contributions to the early field of photography, as well as his invention of the Calotype process. Additionally, you will discover how he became credited as the first person to produce a negative that allowed multiple printing of the same image.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Tutoring Solution course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - Renaissance Philosophy, Art & Literature: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - The Reformation's Effects Across Europe: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - The Rise of Monarchical Nation States: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - The Scientific Revolution and Enlightenment: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - The First Industrial Revolution: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - Unifications of Nation States in the 19th Century: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - World War I: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - Russia After World War I: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - The 1920s & 1930s: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - World War II: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - Post-war Europe: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Tutoring Solution
- AP European History - Integration - Europe after the Soviet Union: Tutoring Solution
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Tutoring Solution
- How to Write a Good Essay on Your AP European History Exam: Tutoring Solution
- Developing and Writing Your AP European History Exam Essay: Tutoring Solution