About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering material about Second Industrial Revolution will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the Second Industrial Revolution. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the urbanization and inventions during the Second Industrial Revolution and changes of social classes.
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning AP European history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about the Second Industrial Revolution
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra AP European history learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Second Industrial Revolution chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Second Industrial Revolution chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any Second Industrial Revolution question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a Second Industrial Revolution unit of a standard AP European history course. Topics covered include:
- How the Second Industrial Revolution began
- The impact of population dynamics and growth of cities
- Inventions of the Second Industrial Revolution
- The growth, expansion and conditions surrounding working class people
1. The Second Industrial Revolution: Timeline & Inventions
The Second Industrial Revolution was another great leap forward in technology and society. New innovations in steel production, petroleum and electricity led to the introduction of public automobiles and airplanes. In this lesson, learn about the key inventions that spurred this revolution.
2. Social Class During the Second Industrial Revolution: Overview & Structure
In this lesson, we explore the second half of the Industrial Revolution and the momentous changes industrial life had on late 19th and early 20th-century society, from where people lived to how they measured time.
3. Urbanization During the Second Industrial Revolution in America: Effects & Problems
After the Civil War, America transformed from a rural nation to an urban nation. Learn where all those people came from and why. Using New York City as an example, you'll see some of the problems of urbanization and the steps they took to improve it.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Help and Review course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Help and Review
- AP European History - Renaissance Philosophy: Help & Review
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Help and Review
- AP History - The Reformation Across Europe: Help & Review
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Help and Review
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Help and Review
- How Monarchical Nation States Developed: Help and Review
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Help and Review
- AP History - Scientific Revolution & Enlightenment: Help & Review
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Help and Review
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Help and Review
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Help and Review
- AP European History - Western Revolutionary Movements of the 19th Century: Help and Review
- AP European History - Central Revolutionary Movements of the 19th Century: Help and Review
- AP European History - First Industrial Revolution: Help & Review
- Nation States Unification in the 19th Century: Help & Review
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Help and Review
- AP European History - World War I: Help and Review
- AP European History - Russia After World War I: Help and Review
- AP European History - The 1920s & 1930s: Help and Review
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Help and Review
- AP European History - World War II: Help and Review
- AP European History - Post-war Europe: Help and Review
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Help and Review
- AP European History - After the Soviet Union: Help & Review
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Help and Review
- Help & Review for Writing a Good Essay on the AP European History Exam
- AP European History Exam Essay: Help & Review
- European Discoveries & Wars
- The Reformation of the Catholic Church
- Events & Major Figures of the Renaissance