About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your integration in Europe after the Soviet Union homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your integration in Europe after the Soviet Union homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- European institutions and treaties after the Cold War
- Expansion of the European Union
- Impact of Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher on Great Britain
- History of the Berlin Wall
- Reunification of East and West Germany
- Collapse of the Soviet Union
- End of Communism in Eastern Europe
- Gorbachev's policies and Yeltsin's presidency
- Ethnic warfare in the former Yugoslavia
1. Post-Cold War European Cooperation: Institutions & Treaties
In this lesson, we explore the increasing cooperation between European states during the Cold War years and beyond, from a six-nation agreement concerning coal and steel to a far-reaching agreement binding most of Europe.
2. European Union Expansion: Events & Timelines
In this lesson, we briefly explore the piecemeal formation of the EU and discuss the nature of the Union today and its role as the political authority for most of Europe.
3. Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher: Influence and Impact on Great Britain
In this lesson, we explore the life and political career of Great Britain's first female prime minister, Margaret Thatcher. A staunch conservative, her controversial policies guided Britain through one of its toughest economic times.
4. Building and Tearing Down the Berlin Wall: History and Timeline
In this lesson, we explore the history of the Berlin Wall, from its beginnings as a makeshift barrier between East and West Berlin, to its final demise as communism fell across Eastern Europe in the late 1980s.
5. The Reunification of East and West Germany in 1990
In this lesson we explore the unique history of East and West Germany after Germany's defeat in WWII and the conditions surrounding its eventual reunification in 1990.
6. The Collapse of the Communist BLOC and the Warsaw Pact
In this lesson, we explore the fall and breakup of the Warsaw Pact and Eastern Bloc of communist countries allied with, and client states of, the Soviet Union from after World War II until the late 1980s and early 1990s.
7. The End of Communism in Eastern Europe: Events and Timeline
In this lesson, we explore the immediate aftermath of the dissolution of the Soviet Union and the fall of communism in Eastern Europe, where both political structures and economic models were left in limbo.
8. Gorbachev's Policies of Glasnost and Perestroika: Explanation and Significance
In this lesson, we will examine Mikhail Gorbachev's reform policies of glasnost and perestroika. We will learn what led to these developments and see how they impacted the Soviet Union.
9. Yeltsin and the New Russian Republic: History and Timeline
In this lesson, we explore the fall of the Soviet Union and the reemergence of Russia and the subsequent presidency of Russia's first president, Boris Yeltsin.
10. Ethnic Warfare in Former Yugoslavia: Events and Timeline
In this lesson we explore the breakup of the formerly communist state in the Balkans, Yugoslavia. In the 1990s, several Yugoslav states declared independence from the Serbian-dominated central government.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Homework Help Resource course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Renaissance Philosophy, Art & Literature
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe During the Reformation
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Homework Help
- The Rise of Monarchical Nation States: Homework Help
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Enlightenment & Scientific Revolution
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Homework Help
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: 19th Century Revolutionary Movements
- AP History Homework Help: The First Industrial Revolution
- AP History Homework Help: Nation States in the 19th Century
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - Russia After World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - The 1920s & 1930s: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War II: Homework Help
- AP European History - Post-war Europe: Homework Help
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Homework Help
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Essay Writing on the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Completing Your AP European History Exam Essay: Homework Help