About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your post-war Europe homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your post-war Europe homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Emergence of political, social and economic stability
- The Berlin Airlift and Marshall Plan
- Post-war Soviet Union
- Descent of the Iron Curtain
- Cold War events and causes
- Traditionalists, Revisionists and post-Revisionists
1. Emergence of Political, Social, and Economic Stability
In this lesson, we explore the factors that led to the emergence of peace in Europe and the nature of the tenuous political, economic and social stability that developed after WWII.
2. Post-War Europe: the Berlin Airlift & the Marshall Plan
In this lesson, we will learn about the Marshall Plan and the Berlin Airlift. We will examine the conditions in postwar Europe that resulted in these events, and we will understand why they are important.
3. Post-War Soviet Union & Eastern Europe: The Descent of the Iron Curtain
In this lesson, we will learn about some of the dynamic events that followed World War II in Eastern Europe. We will explore the descent of the Iron Curtain, and learn about the formation of the Eastern Bloc states.
4. The Cold War: Definition, Causes & Early Events
The period of distrust between the Soviet Union and United States was known as the Cold War. Learn about the origins of the era, essential events and the shaping of the national security state.
5. Meta-Disciplines: Traditionalists, Revisionism, and Post-Revisionists
In this lesson, we explore the concepts of meta-disciplines and historiography, discovering the three main schools of thought often identified in the study of history itself.
6. Parliamentary Government: Definition, Examples, Advantages & Disadvantages
In this lesson you will learn what a parliamentary government is, and discover how it functions with examples like Australia and Germany. Then learn some of the advantages and disadvantages of a parliamentary system of government.
7. European Countries: Map & Facts
Maps, European or otherwise, can tell us a great deal of information quickly. In this lesson, we will review some different types of maps of the European countries and the European continent, and you will see that maps can sometimes change your perception and opinion.
8. Countries in the European Union
There are 28 countries in the European Union (EU), an economic and political union mostly on the European continent. Born out of war and the need for peace, the countries of the EU have come a long way from coal to being the world's largest economy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Homework Help Resource course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Renaissance Philosophy, Art & Literature
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe During the Reformation
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Homework Help
- The Rise of Monarchical Nation States: Homework Help
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Enlightenment & Scientific Revolution
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Homework Help
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: 19th Century Revolutionary Movements
- AP History Homework Help: The First Industrial Revolution
- AP History Homework Help: Nation States in the 19th Century
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - Russia After World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - The 1920s & 1930s: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War II: Homework Help
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe After the Soviet Union
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Essay Writing on the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Completing Your AP European History Exam Essay: Homework Help