About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering central Europe's 19th century revolutionary movements material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about 19th century revolutionary movements in central Europe. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the societal and political upheavals that occurred in central Europe in the 1800s
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning AP European history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about 19th century central European revolutionary movements
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra AP European history learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the 19th Century Revolutionary Movements of Central Europe chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the 19th century central European revolutionary movements chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question on 19th century revolutionary movements in central Europe. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a central European 19th century revolutionary movements unit of a standard AP European history course. Topics covered include:
- A review of the 1848 revolutions that swept across Europe
- Different competing ideologies of 19th century Europe
- The nationalist movements that led to Italy's unification
- The revolutionary outcomes that shaped modern Greece
- Russian reform in the political, economic and social arenas
- Causes and effects of the Crimean War
1. Central European Revolutions of 1848: History, Causes & Effects
This lesson explores the Central European revolutions of 1848. In doing so, it will highlight the nationalist movements across Germany, Austria, and Italy. It will also signify the revolution in France as the catalyst for this historic year.
2. Revolutionary Movements of Italy and Greece: Movements, Unification & Modernization
In this lesson, we examine the revolutionary and nationalist movements in Italy and Greece. We'll also look at the obstacles both states had to overcome to become internationally recognized nations.
3. Revolutionary Movements of Russia: Political, Economic & Social Reform
In this lesson, we'll explore the tumultuous domestic history of 19th-century Russia, where czars opposed radical nationalists and periods of liberal reform alternated with periods of violent political suppression.
4. The Crimean War: Summary, Causes & Effects
In this lesson, we explore the Crimean War of 1854-1856 between Russia and the Ottoman Empire, France, and Great Britain. It is often considered one of the more bungled military campaigns in recent Western history.
5. Age of Revolution Timeline
In this lesson we will learn about the Age of Revolution, which took place between 1763-1848. We will highlight the major revolutions and developments that took place during this time, and see how they impacted the course of modern history.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Help and Review course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Help and Review
- AP European History - Renaissance Philosophy: Help & Review
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Help and Review
- AP History - The Reformation Across Europe: Help & Review
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Help and Review
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Help and Review
- How Monarchical Nation States Developed: Help and Review
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Help and Review
- AP History - Scientific Revolution & Enlightenment: Help & Review
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Help and Review
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Help and Review
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Help and Review
- AP European History - Western Revolutionary Movements of the 19th Century: Help and Review
- AP European History - First Industrial Revolution: Help & Review
- AP European History - Second Industrial Revolution: Help & Review
- Nation States Unification in the 19th Century: Help & Review
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Help and Review
- AP European History - World War I: Help and Review
- AP European History - Russia After World War I: Help and Review
- AP European History - The 1920s & 1930s: Help and Review
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Help and Review
- AP European History - World War II: Help and Review
- AP European History - Post-war Europe: Help and Review
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Help and Review
- AP European History - After the Soviet Union: Help & Review
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Help and Review
- Help & Review for Writing a Good Essay on the AP European History Exam
- AP European History Exam Essay: Help & Review