About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering European history material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn European history. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the Russian Revolution or the rise of Communism
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about Russia after World War I
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra history learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Russia After World War I chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Russia After World War I chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any Russia after World War I question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a Russia after World War I unit of a standard AP European history course. Topics covered include:
- Causes and effects of the Russian Revolution
- Provisional government in Russia
- Triumph of the Bolsheviks
- Vladimir Lenin's role in the formation of a communist government
- The Soviet Union under Stalin
1. The Russian Revolution: Timeline, Causes & Effects
In this lesson, we will examine the Russian Revolution. We will see what events led to the revolution, and we'll learn how the revolution impacted Russia's involvement in World War I.
2. Provisional Government in Russia: Overview, Politics & Post-Revolution Chaos
In this lesson, we explore the First Russian Revolution in 1905 and the representative government the revolution first instituted, in addition to the violent crackdown and chaos after its institution.
3. The Bolsheviks Triumph: Battles, Events & the Shift of Power
In this lesson we explore the Bolsheviks' rise to power in 1917 and their subsequent struggle to hold onto authority in Russia during the Russian Civil War.
4. The Rise of Communism & Vladimir Lenin
In this lesson, we will examine the role Vladimir Lenin played as a leading architect of the communist system. We will explore his involvement in the Russian Revolution and the establishment of Soviet Russia.
5. The Soviet Union Under Stalin: Five-Year Plans, Purges & Policies
In this lesson, we explore the brutal rule of Joseph Stalin in the Soviet Union, from 1928 to 1953. Stalin radically transformed the economy of the Soviet Union, while also terrorizing its people.
6. Red Terror in Soviet Russia
In this lesson, we will learn about the Red Terror in Soviet Russia. We will learn why the Red Terror took place and highlight key themes and developments related to this tragic event.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Help and Review course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Help and Review
- AP European History - Renaissance Philosophy: Help & Review
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Help and Review
- AP History - The Reformation Across Europe: Help & Review
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Help and Review
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Help and Review
- How Monarchical Nation States Developed: Help and Review
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Help and Review
- AP History - Scientific Revolution & Enlightenment: Help & Review
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Help and Review
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Help and Review
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Help and Review
- AP European History - Western Revolutionary Movements of the 19th Century: Help and Review
- AP European History - Central Revolutionary Movements of the 19th Century: Help and Review
- AP European History - First Industrial Revolution: Help & Review
- AP European History - Second Industrial Revolution: Help & Review
- Nation States Unification in the 19th Century: Help & Review
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Help and Review
- AP European History - World War I: Help and Review
- AP European History - The 1920s & 1930s: Help and Review
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Help and Review
- AP European History - World War II: Help and Review
- AP European History - Post-war Europe: Help and Review
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Help and Review
- AP European History - After the Soviet Union: Help & Review
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Help and Review
- Help & Review for Writing a Good Essay on the AP European History Exam
- AP European History Exam Essay: Help & Review
- European Discoveries & Wars
- The Reformation of the Catholic Church
- Events & Major Figures of the Renaissance