About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your Russia after World War I homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your Russia after World War I homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Causes and effects of the Russian Revolution
- Provisional government in Russia after the Revolution
- Bolsheviks and the power shift
- Rise of Communism and Vladimir Lenin
- Stalin's rise to power and installation of the Soviet Union
1. The Russian Revolution: Timeline, Causes & Effects
In this lesson, we will examine the Russian Revolution. We will see what events led to the revolution, and we'll learn how the revolution impacted Russia's involvement in World War I.
2. Provisional Government in Russia: Overview, Politics & Post-Revolution Chaos
In this lesson, we explore the First Russian Revolution in 1905 and the representative government the revolution first instituted, in addition to the violent crackdown and chaos after its institution.
3. The Bolsheviks Triumph: Battles, Events & the Shift of Power
In this lesson we explore the Bolsheviks' rise to power in 1917 and their subsequent struggle to hold onto authority in Russia during the Russian Civil War.
4. The Rise of Communism & Vladimir Lenin
In this lesson, we will examine the role Vladimir Lenin played as a leading architect of the communist system. We will explore his involvement in the Russian Revolution and the establishment of Soviet Russia.
5. The Soviet Union Under Stalin: Five-Year Plans, Purges & Policies
In this lesson, we explore the brutal rule of Joseph Stalin in the Soviet Union, from 1928 to 1953. Stalin radically transformed the economy of the Soviet Union, while also terrorizing its people.
6. Boxer Rebellion in China: Definition, Summary & History
In the last years of the nineteenth century a number of secret societies throughout China took it upon themselves to battle the superior forces of Europe, Japan and the United States. Armed with martial arts skills, members of the Boxer Rebellion brought China into a defining conflict in world history.
7. Who was Leon Trotsky? - Biography, Facts & Books
Learn about Leon Trotsky, a devout socialist who was one of the leaders of the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia and the man who started the theory of permanent revolution. Then test your new knowledge with a quiz.
8. Socialist Realism: Definition, Music & Artists
Is socialist realism a form of art or a tool for political manipulation? This lesson will look at the origins of this uniquely Soviet form, including some key artists and musicians who made art for the state.
9. The Last Judgment: Michelangelo's Painting & Gislebertus' Tympanum
This lesson explores how artistic interpretations of the story of The Last Judgment reflect how religious views of human nature and the human body have changed over time, and how artists often struggle to balance contemporary opinion with religious dogma.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Homework Help Resource course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Renaissance Philosophy, Art & Literature
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe During the Reformation
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Homework Help
- The Rise of Monarchical Nation States: Homework Help
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Enlightenment & Scientific Revolution
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Homework Help
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: 19th Century Revolutionary Movements
- AP History Homework Help: The First Industrial Revolution
- AP History Homework Help: Nation States in the 19th Century
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - The 1920s & 1930s: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War II: Homework Help
- AP European History - Post-war Europe: Homework Help
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe After the Soviet Union
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Essay Writing on the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Completing Your AP European History Exam Essay: Homework Help