About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering European history material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn European history. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the interwar years or the Great Depression
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about the 1920s and 1930s
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra history learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the 1920s and 1930s chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the 1920s and 1930s chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any 1920s and 1930s question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a 1920s and 1930s unit of a standard AP European history course. Topics covered include:
- Society and economies of the interwar years
- The strengths, weaknesses and collapse of the Weimar Republic
- The causes and impact of the Great Depression
- Developments in music and literature during the Jazz Age
1. The Interwar Years: Timeline, Society & Economies
In this lesson, we explore the varied experiences of the two decades in between the 20th century's two major world wars, from the prosperity of the 1920s to the depths of the Great Depression to the rise of fascism.
2. The Weimar Republic: Strengths, Weaknesses & Collapse
In this lesson, we explore the Weimar Republic, the democratic government which governed Germany in between World War I and the rise of the Nazi party and Adolf Hitler.
3. The Great Depression: Timeline, Causes & Impact
In this lesson, we explore the Great Depression and the economic trends and practices that caused the greatest economic meltdown in the history of the world.
4. Holodomor: The Ukrainian Famine Genocide
Learn about Ukrainian famine and genocide known as the Holodomor. Explore the reasons why it happened, see the aftermath, and take a quiz to test your understanding.
5. The Jazz Age: Developments in Music and Literature
In this lesson, we explore the music and literature of one of the more vibrant periods of 20th-century society and Western culture: the Jazz Age of the 1920s.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Help and Review course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Help and Review
- AP European History - Renaissance Philosophy: Help & Review
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Help and Review
- AP History - The Reformation Across Europe: Help & Review
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Help and Review
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Help and Review
- How Monarchical Nation States Developed: Help and Review
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Help and Review
- AP History - Scientific Revolution & Enlightenment: Help & Review
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Help and Review
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Help and Review
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Help and Review
- AP European History - Western Revolutionary Movements of the 19th Century: Help and Review
- AP European History - Central Revolutionary Movements of the 19th Century: Help and Review
- AP European History - First Industrial Revolution: Help & Review
- AP European History - Second Industrial Revolution: Help & Review
- Nation States Unification in the 19th Century: Help & Review
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Help and Review
- AP European History - World War I: Help and Review
- AP European History - Russia After World War I: Help and Review
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Help and Review
- AP European History - World War II: Help and Review
- AP European History - Post-war Europe: Help and Review
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Help and Review
- AP European History - After the Soviet Union: Help & Review
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Help and Review
- Help & Review for Writing a Good Essay on the AP European History Exam
- AP European History Exam Essay: Help & Review