About This Chapter
Who's it for?
This unit of our AP European History Homeschool course will benefit any student who is trying to learn about the 1920s and 1930s. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the interwar years. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who require an efficient, self-paced course of study to learn about Western culture, economics and society between World War I and World War II.
- Homeschool parents looking to spend less time preparing lessons and more time teaching.
- Homeschool parents who need a history curriculum that appeals to multiple learning types (visual or auditory).
- Gifted students and students with learning differences.
How it works:
- Students watch a short, fun video lesson that covers a specific unit topic.
- Students and parents can refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Short quizzes and a 1920s and 1930s unit exam confirm understanding or identify any topics that require review.
1920s and 1930s Unit Objectives:
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the Weimar Republic in Germany.
- Discuss the causes and consequences of the Great Depression.
- Explore the literature and music of the Jazz Age.
1. The Interwar Years: Timeline, Society & Economies
In this lesson, we explore the varied experiences of the two decades in between the 20th century's two major world wars, from the prosperity of the 1920s to the depths of the Great Depression to the rise of fascism.
2. The Weimar Republic: Strengths, Weaknesses & Collapse
In this lesson, we explore the Weimar Republic, the democratic government which governed Germany in between World War I and the rise of the Nazi party and Adolf Hitler.
3. The Great Depression: Timeline, Causes & Impact
In this lesson, we explore the Great Depression and the economic trends and practices that caused the greatest economic meltdown in the history of the world.
4. The Jazz Age: Developments in Music and Literature
In this lesson, we explore the music and literature of one of the more vibrant periods of 20th-century society and Western culture: the Jazz Age of the 1920s.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Homeschool Curriculum course
- AP European History - The Renaissance Era: Homeschool Curriculum
- Renaissance Philosophy, Art & Literature: Homeschool Curriculum
- Reformation Roots & Teachings: Homeschool Curriculum
- The Reformation's Effects Across Europe: Homeschool Curriculum
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Homeschool Curriculum
- The Age of Expansion: Homeschool Curriculum
- The Rise of Monarchical Nation States: Homeschool Curriculum
- English History - 1450 to 1700: Homeschool Curriculum
- The Scientific Revolution and Enlightenment: Homeschool Curriculum
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Homeschool Curriculum
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Homeschool Curriculum
- The Napoleonic Empire: Homeschool Curriculum
- 19th Century Revolutionary Movements: Homeschool Curriculum
- The First Industrial Revolution: Homeschool Curriculum
- Unifications of Nation States in the 19th Century: Homeschool Curriculum
- AP European History - 1871 to 1914: Homeschool Curriculum
- AP European History - World War I: Homeschool Curriculum
- Russia After World War I: Homeschool Curriculum
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Homeschool Curriculum
- AP European History - World War II: Homeschool Curriculum
- Post-War Europe: Homeschool Curriculum
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Homeschool Curriculum
- Integration - Europe after the Soviet Union: Homeschool Curriculum
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Homeschool Curriculum
- AP Exam Writing Strategies: Homeschool Curriculum
- How to Develop & Write an AP Exam Essay: Homeschool Curriculum