About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your First Industrial Revolution homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your First Industrial Revolution homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Growth of industry and manufacturing
- Causes of the First Industrial Revolution
- Great Britain's role in the revolution
- Urbanization and other effects
- Growth of working class during the First Industrial Revolution
1. The Industrial Revolution (1750-1850): Growth & Impact
This lesson will introduce the First Industrial Revolution. We will study the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, some of its major impacts, and its spread throughout the world.
2. Causes of the First Industrial Revolution: Examples & Summary
The Industrial Revolution was a period when new sources of energy, such as coal and steam, were used to power new machines designed to reduce human labor and increase production. The move to a more industrial society would forever change the face of labor.
3. Great Britain Leads the Industrial Revolution
In this lesson, we will explore the Industrial Revolution in Great Britain. We will look at reasons for Britain's industrial leadership, trends in its industry, and the results of industrialization on British society.
4. Urbanization During the Second Industrial Revolution in America: Effects & Problems
After the Civil War, America transformed from a rural nation to an urban nation. Learn where all those people came from and why. Using New York City as an example, you'll see some of the problems of urbanization and the steps they took to improve it.
5. The Working-Class During the Industrial Revolution: Growth & Ideologies
In this lesson, we will meet the workers of the Industrial Revolution. We will examine the conditions under which they worked and lived, and we will learn about a few attempts to improve their situation.
6. Victorian Code of Morality
Victorian morality represents the morals of the people living during the Victorian era, specifically in Great Britain during the nineteenth century. In this lesson, the different aspects of the Victorian era code of morality will be discussed.
7. Victorian Era Child Labor
Soot covered chimney sweeps. Children in coal dust from work in the mines. Others bent and broken from hours spent over the machines of textile mills. These are a few common sights in Victorian England. This lesson examines Child Labor, its causes and effects.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Homework Help Resource course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Renaissance Philosophy, Art & Literature
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe During the Reformation
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Homework Help
- The Rise of Monarchical Nation States: Homework Help
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Enlightenment & Scientific Revolution
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Homework Help
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: 19th Century Revolutionary Movements
- AP History Homework Help: Nation States in the 19th Century
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - Russia After World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - The 1920s & 1930s: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War II: Homework Help
- AP European History - Post-war Europe: Homework Help
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe After the Soviet Union
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Essay Writing on the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Completing Your AP European History Exam Essay: Homework Help