About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your Reformation's effects across Europe homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your Reformation's effects across Europe homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Protestant Reformation spread across Europe
- Religious reform in Switzerland
- The Council of Trent
- Life after the Reformation
- House of Bourbon
- Eastern Europe during the Reformation
- Hapsburg Dynasty
- Ivan the Terrible
1. The Spread of the Protestant Reformation Across Europe
In the 16th century, Martin Luther inspired people to believe that the Catholic Church shouldn't hold authority over laypeople. This lesson explores the spread of these Protestant ideas throughout Europe.
2. Religious Reform in Switzerland: Calvin & Zwingli's Teachings in the Reformation
The Protestant Reformation resulted in many people splitting from the Catholic Church. This lesson explores the effect of the Reformation in Switzerland under the leadership of Zwingli and Calvin.
3. Mercenaries and the Sack of Rome
Politics led Charles de Bourbon, a rich French Duke, to flee his country to fight for his cousin, the Holy Roman Emperor. This lesson explains how financing and the use of mercenaries by Bourbon led to the sack of Rome in 1527.
4. The Council of Trent: The Catholic Church Survives the Reformation
The Protestant Reformation was a movement of Christians who disagreed with some of the teachings and actions of the Catholic Church. This article explores the effect of the Reformation on the Church.
5. Life After the Reformation & Protestant Influence on Society
The Protestant Reformation was a huge movement that led to many Christians splitting from the Catholic Church. This lesson explores the after effects on families, education and social life.
6. The History of the House of Bourbon in the Reformation
This lesson will explain the effects and events of the Protestant Reformation within France. It will discuss the dealings of the French Protestants, known as Huguenots, with the royal House of Bourbon.
7. The Netherlands During the Reformation
This lesson will focus on the Protestant Reformation and its effect on the Netherlands. It will highlight the role Protestantism, especially in the form of Calvinism, played in the Netherlands' fight for freedom from Catholic Spain.
8. Eastern Europe During the Reformation
This lesson will focus on the Reformation and the Counter-Reformation within Eastern Europe. As it highlights Hungary and Poland, it will explore the reasons why the Reformation did not last within these countries.
9. The Habsburg Dynasty in the Reformation
This lesson focuses on the Habsburg Dynasty during the Reformation. It will highlight the dealings of the Holy Roman Emperors with Protestantism, while also explaining the Reformation's effect on Spain.
10. Ivan the Terrible and the Making of Russia
Ivan the Terrible was a great but violent leader. Despite his intelligence, he was prone to violent outbursts. This lesson explores his life and the effects of his reign on Russia.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Homework Help Resource course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Renaissance Philosophy, Art & Literature
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Homework Help
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Homework Help
- The Rise of Monarchical Nation States: Homework Help
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Enlightenment & Scientific Revolution
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Homework Help
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: 19th Century Revolutionary Movements
- AP History Homework Help: The First Industrial Revolution
- AP History Homework Help: Nation States in the 19th Century
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - Russia After World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - The 1920s & 1930s: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War II: Homework Help
- AP European History - Post-war Europe: Homework Help
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe After the Soviet Union
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Essay Writing on the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Completing Your AP European History Exam Essay: Homework Help