About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your rise of monarchical nation states homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your rise of monarchical nation states homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Rise of power in Western Europe
- Treaty of Lodi
- Machiavelli and the Italian Wars
- The Spanish Inquisition
- Politics in the Holy Roman Empire
- Louis XIV and royal absolutism
- Early modern Europe social and economic life
- Industrial Revolution in Europe and U.S.
1. The Development of Monarchical Nation States: the Rise of Power
In this lesson, we will study the rise of powerful kings in Western Europe. We will look at the transition from feudalism to the nation-state and examine four countries in which this transition took place.
2. The Treaty of Lodi: Borders, Peace & Balance of Power
In this lesson, we will examine the 1454 Treaty of Lodi, which brought peace and stability to Renaissance Italy. We will examine the conflicts leading up to the treaty, its provisions, and its aftermath.
3. Machiavelli and Lessons of the Italian Wars
This lesson focuses on Machiavelli and his views on governing, specifically pertaining to the actions of rulers. It will also highlight the actions of several countries involved in the Italian Wars of the 15th and 16th centuries.
4. Reconquista and Spanish Inquisition
This lesson will explain the Spanish Reconquista and the Spanish Inquisition. It will focus on the reasons for each, specifically highlighting the role of Ferdinand and Isabella, and the tortures they allowed.
5. The Holy Roman Empire: Politics & Religion
In this lesson, we will examine the Holy Roman Empire. We will learn about its development, explore its political institutions, meet its leaders, and study its last days.
6. Royal Absolutism in France: Monarchical Power & Louis XIV
In this lesson, we will study France's absolute monarchy. We will learn its characteristics, examine its rise, and meet Louis XIV, the 'Sun King,' who brought royal absolutism to its height.
7. The Golden Age of Art: Great Painters & Famous Works
In this lesson, we will explore the Golden Age of Art in the Netherlands. We will examine its historical background, learn about its artistic trends and meet some of its most famous artists.
8. Social and Economic Life in Early Modern Europe: Peasantry, Nobility & Early Modern Economies
In this lesson, we will examine the social and economic life of early modern Europe. We will focus especially on the social hierarchy, family relationships, and economic changes of the period.
9. The Industrial Revolution in Europe and the U.S.: Events & Innovations
This lesson examines the Industrial Revolution in Europe and the United States. We will highlight key developments and innovations and explore how the Industrial Revolution transformed society.
10. What is Central Government? - Definition & Roles
While you may not realize it, you are affected everyday by actions taken by the government. Learn about how the central government of the United States is structured and the roles the central government serves in our daily lives. Check your understanding of this topic with a quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Homework Help Resource course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Renaissance Philosophy, Art & Literature
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe During the Reformation
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Homework Help
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Enlightenment & Scientific Revolution
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Homework Help
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: 19th Century Revolutionary Movements
- AP History Homework Help: The First Industrial Revolution
- AP History Homework Help: Nation States in the 19th Century
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - Russia After World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - The 1920s & 1930s: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War II: Homework Help
- AP European History - Post-war Europe: Homework Help
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe After the Soviet Union
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Essay Writing on the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Completing Your AP European History Exam Essay: Homework Help