About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your unifications of nation states in the 19th century homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your unifications of nation states in the 19th century homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Unification of Italy
- Growth of nationalism in Germany
- Territorial losses and gains in France
- Creation of the United Kingdom
- Russian territory losses and acquisitions
- Austria's exclusion from Germany
- Ottoman Empire political developments
1. The Unification of Italy: Summary, Timeline & Leaders
In this lesson, we explore the piecemeal unification of Italy which took place in the 19th century. Created in part by the brilliant statesmen Camillo Benso di Cavour, Italy as we know it did not fully take shape until 1870.
2. The Unification of Germany: Summary, Timeline & Events
In this lesson, we explore the unification of Germany in the 1860s and 1870s, largely accomplished through the statecraft of the Chancellor of Prussia and later Germany, Otto von Bismarck.
3. Territorial Developments in France: Losses & Acquisitions
In this lesson, we explore the wild fluctuations the borders of France experienced during the 19th century, from its European domination during the Napoleonic wars to its losses under the new German Empire.
4. The Creation of the United Kingdom and the Incorporation of Ireland
In this lesson, we examine the piecemeal creation of the United Kingdom throughout the late Medieval and Early Modern periods as well as the tumultuous history of English control and partitioning of Ireland.
5. Territorial Developments in Russia: Losses & Acquisitions
In this lesson, we explore the territorial acquisitions and losses of 19th-century Russia, from the Napoleonic Wars and its gains via the Congress of Vienna to the Crimean War.
6. The Unification of Austria: German Exclusion & Creation of Austria-Hungary
In this lesson, we explore how Austria was excluded by Prussia and the other German states from the new German Confederation, as well as the steps it took to maintain its international influence, including the eventual creation of Austria-Hungary.
7. The Ottoman Empire: Changes, Politics & Developments
In this lesson, we explore the problems the Ottoman Empire faced in the 19th century, and the many territorial losses it endured at the hands of Russia, Austria, and others.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Homework Help Resource course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Renaissance Philosophy, Art & Literature
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe During the Reformation
- AP European History - Wars of Religion: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Homework Help
- The Rise of Monarchical Nation States: Homework Help
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Enlightenment & Scientific Revolution
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Homework Help
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: 19th Century Revolutionary Movements
- AP History Homework Help: The First Industrial Revolution
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - Russia After World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - The 1920s & 1930s: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War II: Homework Help
- AP European History - Post-war Europe: Homework Help
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe After the Soviet Union
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Essay Writing on the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Completing Your AP European History Exam Essay: Homework Help