About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your wars of religion homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your wars of religion homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Reformation's impact on Germany
- Religious warfare in Europe
- 80 Years War and the Spanish Armada
- Westphalia and Peace of Augsburg
- 30 Years War
- French Wars of Religion
1. The Reformation's Impact on Germany: The Peasant Wars
The Reformation was a time when Christianity was split into Catholicism and Protestantism. This lesson explores the major changes brought about by the Reformation in Germany in the 16th century.
2. Religious Warfare Across Europe During the Reformation
This lesson will explain the different wars which waged across Europe during the Reformation. It will begin with the German Peasants' Revolt and continue through the 30 Years' War, ending with the Peace of Westphalia.
3. The 80 Years War and the Spanish Armada
This lesson will explain the relationship between the 80 Years' War and the Spanish Armada. It will focus on the Netherlands' struggle for independence from Spain while also describing the role England played in the conflict.
4. Westphalia and Peace of Augsburg: States' Rise to Sovereignty and Decline of the Empire
This lesson focuses on the Holy Roman Empire during the Reformation. As it highlights the Peace of Augsburg and the Peace of Westphalia, it will illustrate the rise of state power, and the decline of the empire.
5. The 30 Years War: Catholics vs. Protestants
This lesson will explore the reasons for the 30 Years' War. It will highlight the different phases of the war while also explaining why most of Europe took up battle against the Holy Roman Empire and the Hapsburg Dynasty.
6. The French Wars of Religion: Catholics vs. the Huguenots
The Protestant Reformation was so popular and controversial in Europe that it sometimes led to war. This lesson explores the violent effect of the Reformation in France as war erupted between the Catholics and the Protestants.
7. The Battle of Hastings 1066: Summary, Facts & Significance
Ever wonder why there are so many French-sounding words in English? This is just one of the lasting effects of the Battle of Hastings, which you can learn more about in this lesson. Read on to find a summary of the conflict, along with some fun facts!
8. Religious Persecution in America
Throughout American history, members of different faiths and churches have faced religious discrimination and persecution. This lesson will explore the problem of religious persecution and examine examples and patterns of religious intolerance.
9. Christian Persecution in the Middle East
Christian minorities have a long history in the Middle East. While forms of discrimination are common with their minority status in these areas, recently this persecution has grown in intensity and violence. As a result, Christian populations have plummeted throughout the Middle East.
10. Christian Persecution in China
Christianity has had a rough road since it first arrived in China in the 7th century. Depending on who was in charge, the religion has been embraced, tolerated or outright banned. Let's look at how the persecution of Christianity has evolved over the years.
11. Muslim Persecution in America
America's 21st century has been largely characterized by the continual persecution of Muslims. In this lesson we'll look at the root and history of this trend.
12. Atheist Discrimination & Persecution
Atheists, people who don't believe in the existence of God, make up a sizable portion of the world's population. They face discrimination, persecution and even death in not only underdeveloped nations but also liberal democracies like the United States.
13. Christian Persecution in India
Since the end of British colonial rule and the partitioning of India (1947), Indian Christians have undergone an escalating series of attacks encouraged by the growth and rise to power of Hindu nationalism.
14. Ethnic Persecution: Definition & Examples
Ethnic persecution has existed for thousands of years. But what exactly is ethnic persecution? How is it different from genocide, and how does it occur? In this lesson, we'll answer these questions as we take a peek at a few examples of ethnic persecution.
15. Christian Persecution in North Korea
Persecution has occurred frequently during the entire history of mankind. While you may be able to identify historical examples of persecution, how much do you know about persecution of Christians in contemporary North Korea?
16. Persecution: Definition & Examples
Persecution is a specific bias or treatment of a person or group based on some qualifying factor, such as religion, race, or gender. It has existed for centuries, and in this lesson you will learn all about it.
17. Christian Persecution: Facts & History
From the very early days, Christians have been persecuted somewhere in the world. We will explore the history of mistreatment against Christians from the early days of the religion's founding all the way to modern times.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP European History: Homework Help Resource course
- AP European History - Overview of the Renaissance: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Renaissance Philosophy, Art & Literature
- AP European History - Reformation Roots & Teachings: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe During the Reformation
- AP European History - The Age of Expansion: Homework Help
- The Rise of Monarchical Nation States: Homework Help
- AP European History - English History (1450-1700): Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Enlightenment & Scientific Revolution
- AP European History - 18th Century Powers: Homework Help
- AP European History - The French Revolution: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Napoleonic Empire: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: 19th Century Revolutionary Movements
- AP History Homework Help: The First Industrial Revolution
- AP History Homework Help: Nation States in the 19th Century
- AP European History - Europe 1871-1914: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - Russia After World War I: Homework Help
- AP European History - The 1920s & 1930s: Homework Help
- AP European History - The Rise of Fascism: Homework Help
- AP European History - World War II: Homework Help
- AP European History - Post-war Europe: Homework Help
- AP European History - Cold War Europe: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Europe After the Soviet Union
- Portions of the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Essay Writing on the AP European History Exam: Homework Help
- Completing Your AP European History Exam Essay: Homework Help