About This Chapter
AP Macroeconomics Test Information & Strategy - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
While studying for the AP Macroeconomics exam might seem intimidating, this easy-to-use guide will make your preparation manageable. Pick up useful hints, helpful strategies and gain some new skills as you view these quick videos and short articles. In the lessons, you will find the following information:
- Explanation of the AP exam
- Advice on how to prepare for the exam
- How to approach multiple-choice questions
- Helpful hints on how to answer free-response questions
- Strategies for developing a great essay in a short time
- Ways to apply information from graphs and charts in your essay
|What Is an AP Exam?||Describe and give general overview of AP exams.|
|General Tips for Taking the AP Exam||Find useful information on how to take an AP test.|
|Strategy for Multiple Choice Questions||Acquire facility in answering multiple choice questions.|
|Common Flaws on Multiple Choice Questions||Look for mistakes in the test that can help you find the correct answer.|
|AP Macroeconomics Exam: Tips for Short Free-Response Questions||Gain insights on how to answer short free-response items.|
|AP Macroeconomics Exam: Tips for Long Free-Response Questions||Differentiate between short and long free-response items and acquire strategies for the latter.|
|How to Write a Great Essay Quickly||Write a strong timed essay using this information.|
|Using & Analyzing Graphs to Support an Essay||Interpret and apply information on graphs.|
1. What Is an AP Exam?
Many students take Advanced Placement exams to save time and money when they get to college. But what, exactly are AP exams, and what should students know about them? Watch this lesson for an overview of AP exams.
2. General Tips for Taking the AP Exam
Advanced Placement exams can save students time and money by granting them college credit through taking an exam. This lesson will give general tips for AP exams, including what to bring, what not to bring, and tactics for taking the exam.
3. Strategy for Multiple Choice Questions
When taking a multiple-choice test, the most important thing is to know the content covered on the exam. But beyond that, there are certain things you can do to increase your chances of passing. Watch this lesson for strategies for multiple-choice tests.
4. Common Flaws on Multiple Choice Questions
When writing multiple choice questions, some educators make mistakes that can actually benefit the test-taker. Watch this lesson to find out about some common flaws that show up on multiple choice tests and how they can help you do well.
5. AP Macroeconomics Exam: Tips for Short Free-Response Questions
The AP Macroeconomics exam includes two short free-response questions (in addition to one long one) to be answered within 60 minutes of testing time. Learn about some strategies you can use to successfully answer these short free-response questions and master this section of the exam.
6. AP Macroeconomics Exam: Tips for Long Free-Response Questions
Read this article to learn more about how to answer the long free-response question on the AP Macroeconomics Exam. Go over strategies and tips for working on this part of the exam.
7. How to Write a Great Essay Quickly
Many tests will require you to write a timed essay. You may feel panicked at the idea of having to produce a high-quality essay under a tight time constraint. But you can relax: this video shows you four basic steps to follow so that you can write a great essay quickly.
8. Using & Analyzing Graphs to Support an Essay
Learn the basics of graphs and how to understand them. Also, learn how to use graphs in your own essays, including how to decide when to use graphs, which types to use, and how to best format them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Macroeconomics: Exam Prep course
- Scarcity, Opportunity Cost & Production Possibility Curves
- Understanding Comparative Advantage, Specialization & Exchange
- Market Equilibrium, Supply & Demand
- Basics of Measuring the Economy
- Inflation & Adjustment in Economics
- Unemployment Basics
- Understanding Inflation & Unemployment
- Overview of Aggregate Demand & Supply
- Understanding Macroeconomic Equilibrium
- Understanding Economic Growth and Productivity
- Money & the Market
- The Central Bank & Monetary Policy
- Fiscal & Monetary Policies in Economics
- Foreign Exchange & Trade Balance
- Overview of Inflows, Outflows & Restrictions
- AP Macroeconomics Flashcards