About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Test Strategy chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Information on the AP exams||What they is, who should take them, making sure a college will accept these test scores|
|Tuesday||Basics of the AP Psychology exam||Number of sections, time allotted, number and types of questions|
|Wednesday||The multiple choice section|
The free response section
|Topics covered, strategies|
Instructions, scoring, advice on answering
|Thursday|| General tips|
Strategies for taking multiple-choice exams
|Tips for taking an AP exam|
Specific advice on multiple-choice tests, including how to tackle tough questions
|Friday||Writing a Good Essay Quickly |
Flaws with Multiple-Choice Questions
|How to write well under time constraints |
Dealing with questions that are ambiguous
1. What Is an AP Exam?
Many students take Advanced Placement exams to save time and money when they get to college. But what, exactly are AP exams, and what should students know about them? Watch this lesson for an overview of AP exams.
2. Overview of the AP Psychology Exam
Many students take the Advanced Placement Psychology Exam to save time and money when they get to college. Watch this lesson to find out more about the AP psych exam, including topics covered, the different sections, and scoring of the exam.
3. The Multiple Choice Section of the AP Psychology Exam
Preparing to take the Advanced Placement Psychology Exam? In this lesson, we'll explore the Multiple Choice section of the AP Psychology Exam, including how to save time, how to find the best answer choice, and how it's scored.
4. The Free Response Section of the AP Psychology Exam
One of the two sections on the AP psychology exam is the free-response section, which includes essays. In this lesson, we'll examine the free-response section of the exam closer, including the instructions, types of questions, timing, and scoring.
5. General Tips for Taking the AP Exam
Advanced Placement exams can save students time and money by granting them college credit through taking an exam. This lesson will give general tips for AP exams, including what to bring, what not to bring, and tactics for taking the exam.
6. Strategy for Multiple Choice Questions
When taking a multiple-choice test, the most important thing is to know the content covered on the exam. But beyond that, there are certain things you can do to increase your chances of passing. Watch this lesson for strategies for multiple-choice tests.
7. How to Write a Great Essay Quickly
Many tests will require you to write a timed essay. You may feel panicked at the idea of having to produce a high-quality essay under a tight time constraint. But you can relax: this video shows you four basic steps to follow so that you can write a great essay quickly.
8. Common Flaws on Multiple Choice Questions
When writing multiple choice questions, some educators make mistakes that can actually benefit the test-taker. Watch this lesson to find out about some common flaws that show up on multiple choice tests and how they can help you do well.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Psychology Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- AP Psychology: History & Development of Modern Psychology Lesson Plans
- AP Psychology: Research Methods in Psychology Lesson Plans
- AP Psychology: Intelligence Testing Lesson Plans
- AP Psychology: Biology in Psychology Lesson Plans
- AP Psychology: The 5 Senses & Psychology Lesson Plans
- AP Psychology: Sleep and Consciousness Lesson Plans
- AP Psychology: Learning & Conditioning Lesson Plans
- AP Psychology: Memory & Cognition Lesson Plans
- AP Psychology: Emotion Lesson Plans
- AP Psychology: Motivation in Psychology Lesson Plans
- AP Psychology: Early Childhood Psychological Development Lesson Plans
- AP Psychology: Personality Development and Theories Lesson Plans
- AP Psychology: Social Psychology Lesson Plans
- AP Psychology: Abnormal Psychology Lesson Plans
- AP Psychology: Treatment Methods for Psychological Disorders Lesson Plans