About This Chapter
About These Flashcards
Study AP World History topics with these convenient and helpful study tools. Each flashcard set will enable you to commit important world history topics to memory and review information you need extra help studying. Some of the AP World History topics you can expect to study include:
- Major beliefs and concepts throughout world history
- Ancient civilizations
- The Roman Empire
- The Middle Ages, Renaissance and Age of Exploration
- America, Africa and Asia from 1000-1300 A.D.
- The Protestant Reformation
- The Elizabethan Era
- Cultural developments during the Enlightenment
- Imperialism and colonialism
- WWI and WWII
- Modern world history
How They Work
Studying history with flashcards allows you to repeat important dates, people, events and concepts. This act of repetition can help you quickly memorize these topics.
- Go to a chapter that covers the AP World History topics you need to learn.
- Open a flashcard set for the topic you're studying.
- Identify the image, word, name or event on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the history flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
AP World History Major Concepts & Beliefs Flashcards
This flashcard set explores major periods in world history, major world religions and belief systems as well as topics about the actual study of history.
AP World History The Ancient World Flashcards
This set of flashcards covers the prehistoric and early ancient world exam preparation for the AP World History course. Beginning in the Paleolithic Era and ending with the development of coin currency around 700 BCE, these cards discuss human culture and technological developments.
The Middle Ages Flashcards
Curious about war, the plague, the papacy, and life in the Middle Ages? This flashcard set will not only satisfy that, it also accompanies ''The Late Middle Ages'' in AP World History to aid your study better than Joan of Arc aided the French.
Protestant Reformation & the Elizabethan Era Flashcards
This flashcard set will review the major people, philosophies, events and vocabulary associated with both the Protestant Reformation and the Elizabethan Era.
AP World History Ancient China, Africa, India & America Flashcards
This flashcard set can help you study for the ancient cultures and empires from China, Africa, India, and the Americas. Important dynasties and their accomplishments are defined in this set, as well as key figures in the history of the civilizations. Use this set to study for an exam about the ancient world.
AP World History Ancient Greece Flashcards
From the now-extinct civilization of the Minoans, to the evolution of the modern alphabet and writing system, Ancient Greece played a major role in the progressive development of human communication. These flashcards will walk you through the evolution of Ancient Greece, through wars, economical processes, literature, and philosophy.
AP World History Greek Philosophy Flashcards
This set of flashcards reviews some of the most influential thinkers and ideas from Ancient Greece. Study the major thinkers of the period whose philosophical ideas, inventions, and calculations have had lasting effect on modern thought and science.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP World History: Exam Prep course
- AP World History: Foundational Concepts
- AP World History: Major Belief Systems
- AP World History: Ancient Times
- AP World History: Ancient Middle East
- AP World History: Ancient China, Africa, India & America
- AP World History: Ancient Greece
- AP World History: Hellenism and Athenian Philosophy
- AP World History: The Rise of the Roman Republic
- AP World History: The Fall of the Roman Empire
- AP World History: The Dark Ages
- AP World History: Early Middle Ages
- AP World History: The Medieval Warm Period
- AP World History: The High Middle Ages
- AP World History: Asia, Africa & America (1000-1300 CE)
- AP World History: The Late Middle Ages
- AP World History: The Renaissance
- AP World History: The Age of Exploration
- AP World History: The Reformation Across Europe
- AP World History: The Elizabethan Era
- AP World History: The Enlightenment
- AP World History: Political, Technological, and Intellectual Developments (1750-1914)
- AP World History: Colonialism
- AP World History: Imperialism
- AP World History: World War I
- AP World History: World War II
- AP World History: The Cold War and Other 20th Century World History
- AP World History: A Globalized World - 1980 & Beyond
- Portions of the AP World History Exam
- How to Write a Good Essay on Your AP Exam
- Additional AP World History Flashcards