About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your Elizabethan Era homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your Elizabethan Era homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Religious conflicts between Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary
- England's Golden Age
- Life and literary works of William Shakespeare
- Catholic-Protestant conflict and the 30 Years' War
- The Netherlands and the Reformation
- The 80 Years' War
- Peace treaties of Westphalia
- The Peace of Augsburg
- Decline of the empire
- The House of Bourbon
- The Habsburg Dynasty
1. Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth: Catholic vs. Anglican
This lesson will explain the conflict between Mary, Queen of Scots and Elizabeth I of England that eventually led to Mary's execution. It will also highlight the conflict between Catholicism and Protestant England.
2. Queen Elizabeth I and England's Golden Age
This lesson will focus on the reign of Queen Elizabeth I of England, known as England's Golden Age. It will highlight England's advancements in economic growth, the sciences, the arts, and exploration under the lone rule of Elizabeth, the Virgin Queen.
3. Introduction to Shakespeare: Life and Works
This video provides a crash course introduction to William Shakespeare's life, plays, and poetry. From 'Two Gentlemen of Verona' to 'The Tempest', we'll give you a timeline of his works and quick descriptions of what you need to know to identify them.
4. The 30 Years War: Catholics vs. Protestants
This lesson will explore the reasons for the 30 Years' War. It will highlight the different phases of the war while also explaining why most of Europe took up battle against the Holy Roman Empire and the Hapsburg Dynasty.
5. The Netherlands During the Reformation
This lesson will focus on the Protestant Reformation and its effect on the Netherlands. It will highlight the role Protestantism, especially in the form of Calvinism, played in the Netherlands' fight for freedom from Catholic Spain.
6. The 80 Years War and the Spanish Armada
This lesson will explain the relationship between the 80 Years' War and the Spanish Armada. It will focus on the Netherlands' struggle for independence from Spain while also describing the role England played in the conflict.
7. Westphalia and Peace of Augsburg: States' Rise to Sovereignty and Decline of the Empire
This lesson focuses on the Holy Roman Empire during the Reformation. As it highlights the Peace of Augsburg and the Peace of Westphalia, it will illustrate the rise of state power, and the decline of the empire.
8. The History of the House of Bourbon in the Reformation
This lesson will explain the effects and events of the Protestant Reformation within France. It will discuss the dealings of the French Protestants, known as Huguenots, with the royal House of Bourbon.
9. The Habsburg Dynasty in the Reformation
This lesson focuses on the Habsburg Dynasty during the Reformation. It will highlight the dealings of the Holy Roman Emperors with Protestantism, while also explaining the Reformation's effect on Spain.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP World History: Homework Help Resource course
- AP World History - Foundational Concepts: Homework Help
- AP World History - Major Belief Systems: Homework Help
- AP World History - Ancient Times: Homework Help
- AP World History - Ancient Middle East: Homework Help
- AP World History - Ancient China, Africa, India & America: Homework Help
- AP World History - Ancient Greece: Homework Help
- AP History Homework Help: Athenian Philosophy Hellenism
- AP World History - The Rise of the Roman Republic: Homework Help
- AP World History - The Fall of the Roman Empire: Homework Help
- AP World History - The Dark Ages: Homework Help
- AP World History - Early Middle Ages: Homework Help
- AP World History - The Medieval Warm Period: Homework Help
- AP World History - The High Middle Ages: Homework Help
- AP World History - Asia, Africa & America (1000-1300 CE): Homework Help
- AP World History - The Late Middle Ages: Homework Help
- AP World History - The Renaissance: Homework Help
- AP World History - The Age of Exploration: Homework Help
- AP World History - The Reformation Across Europe: Homework Help
- AP World History - The Enlightenment: Homework Help
- Homework Help: Intellectual, Political & Technological Developments (1750-1914)
- AP World History - Colonialism: Homework Help
- AP World History - Imperialism: Homework Help
- AP World History - World War I: Homework Help
- AP World History - World War II: Homework Help
- AP World History Homework Help: The Cold War
- AP World History - A Globalized World - 1980 & Beyond: Homework Help
- Portions of the AP World History Exam: Homework Help
- Essay Writing for the AP World History Exam: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Writing Your AP World History Exam Essay