About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other AP World History work.
- Identify the Elizabethan concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our AP World History Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about the Elizabethan Era and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding Catholic-Protestant issues and wars, the cultural and economic rise of the Netherlands, the peace treaties of Westphalia or any other Elizabethan Era topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their history learning
- Prefer learning about history visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their Elizabethan Era unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in AP World History
- Don't have access to their history teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about the Elizabethan Era simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live history tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about the Elizabethan Era on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Examine the conflict between Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth and the Catholic and Anglican churches.
- Take a look at England's golden age.
- Explore the life and works of William Shakespeare.
- Discuss the reasons for the 30 Years' War.
- Become familiar with the Netherlands during the Reformation.
- Learn about the 80 Years' War and Spanish Armada.
- Describe the reasons for the decline of empires and the rise of state sovereignty.
- Take a look at the histories of the Bourbon and Hapsburg dynasties.
1. Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth: Catholic vs. Anglican
This lesson will explain the conflict between Mary, Queen of Scots and Elizabeth I of England that eventually led to Mary's execution. It will also highlight the conflict between Catholicism and Protestant England.
2. Queen Elizabeth I and England's Golden Age
This lesson will focus on the reign of Queen Elizabeth I of England, known as England's Golden Age. It will highlight England's advancements in economic growth, the sciences, the arts, and exploration under the lone rule of Elizabeth, the Virgin Queen.
3. Introduction to Shakespeare: Life and Works
This video provides a crash course introduction to William Shakespeare's life, plays, and poetry. From 'Two Gentlemen of Verona' to 'The Tempest', we'll give you a timeline of his works and quick descriptions of what you need to know to identify them.
4. The 30 Years War: Catholics vs. Protestants
This lesson will explore the reasons for the 30 Years' War. It will highlight the different phases of the war while also explaining why most of Europe took up battle against the Holy Roman Empire and the Hapsburg Dynasty.
5. The Netherlands During the Reformation
This lesson will focus on the Protestant Reformation and its effect on the Netherlands. It will highlight the role Protestantism, especially in the form of Calvinism, played in the Netherlands' fight for freedom from Catholic Spain.
6. The 80 Years War and the Spanish Armada
This lesson will explain the relationship between the 80 Years' War and the Spanish Armada. It will focus on the Netherlands' struggle for independence from Spain while also describing the role England played in the conflict.
7. Westphalia and Peace of Augsburg: States' Rise to Sovereignty and Decline of the Empire
This lesson focuses on the Holy Roman Empire during the Reformation. As it highlights the Peace of Augsburg and the Peace of Westphalia, it will illustrate the rise of state power, and the decline of the empire.
8. The History of the House of Bourbon in the Reformation
This lesson will explain the effects and events of the Protestant Reformation within France. It will discuss the dealings of the French Protestants, known as Huguenots, with the royal House of Bourbon.
9. The Habsburg Dynasty in the Reformation
This lesson focuses on the Habsburg Dynasty during the Reformation. It will highlight the dealings of the Holy Roman Emperors with Protestantism, while also explaining the Reformation's effect on Spain.
10. Speech to the Troops at Tilbury: Summary & Analysis
Queen Elizabeth I's speech to the her army at Tilbury Fort is considered one of the greatest speeches in history. In this lesson, you'll learn about the speech and its historical significance.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP World History: Tutoring Solution course
- AP World History - Foundational Concepts: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - Major Belief Systems: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - Ancient Times: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - Ancient Middle East: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - Ancient China, Africa, India & America: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - Ancient Greece: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - Hellenism and Athenian Philosophy: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - The Rise of the Roman Republic: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - The Fall of the Roman Empire: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - The Dark Ages: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - Early Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - The Medieval Warm Period: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - The High Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - Asia, Africa & America (1000-1300 CE): Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - The Late Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - The Renaissance: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - The Age of Exploration: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - The Reformation Across Europe: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - The Enlightenment: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - Political, Technological, and Intellectual Developments (1750-1914): Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - Colonialism: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - Imperialism: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - World War I: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - World War II: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - The Cold War and Other 20th Century World History: Tutoring Solution
- AP World History - A Globalized World - 1980 & Beyond: Tutoring Solution
- Portions of the AP World History Exam: Tutoring Solution
- How to Write a Good Essay on Your AP World History Exam: Tutoring Solution
- Developing and Writing Your AP World History Exam Essay: Tutoring Solution