About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Find the lesson within this chapter that corresponds to what you're studying in the Daily Spending Diary appendix of your textbook.
- Watch fun videos that cover the daily spending topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quiz after watching each video lesson to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material, or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the daily spending topics covered in the textbook appendix, including:
- The purpose of a daily spending diary
- Benefits of a spending diary
- How to track your expenses in a daily spending diary
Focus on Personal Finance is a registered trademark of McGraw-Hill and is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. What Is a Daily Spending Diary?
A daily spending diary will help you see how you are spending your money. Having this information can help you save your money so that you can reach your financial goals. So, let's get saving!
2. Benefits of a Spending Diary
Did you know that keeping a spending diary can not only help you spend less but can also help you get out of debt and reach your financial goals? Read this lesson to learn what other benefits come from keeping a spending diary.
3. Tracking Expenses in a Daily Spending Diary
Keeping a spending diary has so many benefits. But you can only benefit from it if you keep accurate records. Learn how to record your transactions in this lesson so you can gain the most benefit from your spending diary.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Focus on Personal Finance: Online Textbook Help course
- Ch. 1: Personal Finance Planning
- Ch. 2: Money Management Skills
- Ch. 3: Taxes in a Financial Plan
- Ch. 4: Financial Services
- Ch. 5: Consumer Credit
- Ch. 6: Buying Motor Vehicles
- Ch. 7: Financing Housing
- Ch. 8: Insurance
- Ch. 9: Health & Disability Insurance
- Ch. 10: Planning with Life Insurance
- Ch. 11: Investing Basics
- Ch. 12: Investing in Stocks
- Ch. 13: Investing in Mutual Funds
- Ch. 14: Retirement & Estate Planning
- App. A: Education Loans & Scholarships
- App. B: Career Search Strategy
- App. C: Consumer Agencies & Organizations