About This Chapter
Appointments & Dates in Spanish - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter cover Spanish vocabulary and rules related to appointments and dates. You'll study the days of the week, months, holidays and ordinal numbers in Spanish. The lessons also examine question words and grammar rules to help you talk about days and dates. To make sure you fully understand time-related vocabulary, try the accompanying self-assessment quizzes or ask our instructors clarifying questions. You can study these resources at any time, day or night. After completing the chapter, you'll be equipped to:
- Understand Spanish words regarding appointment and meeting scheduling
- Name the days of the week in Spanish, as well as popular holidays and events
- Recognize the months of the year in Spanish
- Use Spanish ordinal numbers
- Consider grammar related to talking about days and dates
- Translate and comprehend sample conversations about dates and days
- Identify Spanish interrogatives (question words) and know how to use them in phrases
1. Spanish Terms for Scheduling Appointments & Meetings
Appointments and meetings sound important and usually are. So you don't have to depend on others to schedule them for you, this lesson gives you the necessary Spanish phrases to help.
2. Days of the Week in Spanish
In this lesson we will learn the days of the week in Spanish. In addition to vocabulary, you will learn the order of the days. Take note that in Spanish the week starts with Monday rather than Sunday.
3. What Are the Months in Spanish?
This lesson focuses on the months of the year in Spanish. We will also look at a few different holidays and festivities that take place during each month.
4. Ordinal Numbers in Spanish
First, second, and third place trophies; the fifth person in line; the eighth car in the race - we have seen cardinal numbers, and now it's time to learn ordinal numbers. These are the numbers that allow us to express the order or position of something.
5. Talking About Days and Dates in Spanish Grammar
Now that we know the vocabulary for the days and months of year in Spanish, we can talk about days and dates in more detail. In this lesson, we will learn the different structures used when talking about days and dates in Spanish.
6. Conversations About Days and Dates: Practice Spanish Activities
In this lesson you will get a chance to practice your listening and reading skills as we continue reviewing the days and dates in Spanish. Test your skills and play along with contestants in our game show!
7. List of Spanish Question Words: Practice & Uses
In this lesson, we will look at the interrogatives, or question words, in Spanish. These are the building blocks to start forming and asking questions. We will follow Juan as he searches for the museum, asking many questions along the way.
8. Using Spanish Question Words in Phrases
This lesson presents the interrogatives using phrases. We follow Juan and Sandra as they explore the city on a tourist bus, asking who, what, where and why.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Spanish 105: Spanish for the Workplace course
- Culture & Etiquette in Spanish-Speaking Countries
- Introductions & Salutations in Spanish
- Numbers & Payment in Spanish
- Customer Service in Spanish
- Talking About Time in Spanish
- Professions in Spanish
- Office Buildings in Spanish
- Office Tasks & Errands in Spanish
- Expressing Preference in Spanish
- Leisure Activities in Spanish
- Spanish Terms for Technology
- Job Applications & Interviews in Spanish
- Business Communication in Spanish
- Work & Benefits in Spanish
- Negotiations & Meetings in Spanish
- Office Roles & Positions in Spanish
- Required Assignments for Spanish 105
- Studying for Spanish 105