About This Chapter
AQA A-Level Chemistry: Alkenes - Chapter Summary
There's nothing more satisfying than feeling prepared for a test like the AQA A-Level Chemistry. But studying can sometimes feel overwhelming, which is why we've done the hard work of researching exam topics and creating fun lessons for you. This chapter is designed to refresh your knowledge of alkenes. After reviewing the lessons, you will be ready for the following on the exam:
- Defining and sharing the properties of alkenes
- Explaining addition reactions of alkenes
- Discussing polymerization of alkenes
Take advantage of the resources in this chapter than can make studying for the exam easy. In addition to reviewing the lessons to boost your comprehension of alkenes, take short quizzes to test your understanding of the subject area. Experts are available to answer questions if you feel confused about any lesson topic. Before taking the test, be sure to get a broader review of alkenes by taking this chapter's practice exam.
1. Alkenes: Definition, Properties & Examples
Alkenes are organic compounds that are recognized by the double bonds that are present in their chemical structure. You can find alkenes in things such as rubber and plastic products that we use every day.
2. Addition Reactions of Alkenes
There are several different types of reactions in organic chemistry. This lesson will focus on the addition reactions of alkenes. We'll give step by step examples so you understand why atoms move where they do.
3. Polymerization of Alkenes
In this lesson we will discuss how addition polymers are formed. We will look into the formation, properties and uses of poly(ethene) and poly(propene).
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AQA A-Level Chemistry: Practice and Study Guide course
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Atomic Structure
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Amount of Substance
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Bonding
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Periodicity
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Basics of Organic Chemistry
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Energetics
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Kinetics
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Equilibria
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Redox Reactions
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Extraction of Metals
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Haloalkanes
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Alcohols
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Acids and Bases
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Carbonyl Group Compounds
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Aromatic Chemistry, Amines, Amino Acids & Polymers
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Structure Determination
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Thermodynamics
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Transition Metals
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Reactions of Inorganic Compounds in Aqueous Solution
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Scientific Investigation
- AQA A-Level Chemistry Flashcards