About This Chapter
AQA A-Level Chemistry: Structure Determination - Chapter Summary
Diving into this chapter is an ideal method of reviewing concepts integral to the study of structure determination in chemistry. Before taking the AQA A-Level Chemistry exam, take advantage of these educational lessons. Afterwards, you could know more about the following:
- Mass spectrometry
- Infrared and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- Chromatography, filtration and distillation
You can extend your learning by exploring links to relevant practice quizzes and additional courses recommended specifically for you within the dashboard feature, which also serves as a way to monitor your recent activity and progress through the chapter. The dashboard is also the place to go if you ever need to ask our subject experts questions on the material.
1. Mass Spectrometry & Infrared Spectroscopy: Alkyl & Carbonyl Groups
In this lesson, we discuss how mass spectrometry and infrared spectroscopy can be used to probe the structure of molecules containing alkyl and carbonyl groups.
2. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy: C-13 vs 1H
The primary purpose of this lesson will be to get a foundational understanding of C-13 and H-1 NMR and how they can provide valuable structural information about organic compounds.
3. Chromatography, Distillation and Filtration: Methods of Separating Mixtures
What are some ways that mixtures can be separated? Watch this video to explore several examples of ways you can separate a mixture into its individual components.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AQA A-Level Chemistry: Practice and Study Guide course
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Atomic Structure
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Amount of Substance
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Bonding
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Periodicity
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Basics of Organic Chemistry
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Energetics
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Kinetics
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Equilibria
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Redox Reactions
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Extraction of Metals
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Haloalkanes
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Alkenes
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Alcohols
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Acids and Bases
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Carbonyl Group Compounds
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Aromatic Chemistry, Amines, Amino Acids & Polymers
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Thermodynamics
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Transition Metals
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Reactions of Inorganic Compounds in Aqueous Solution
- AQA A-Level Chemistry: Scientific Investigation
- AQA A-Level Chemistry Flashcards