About This Chapter
AR Verbs: Present Tense Conjugation and Vocabulary List - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
Without a good understanding of how to conjugate verbs, your advancement in speaking Spanish wouldn't get very far. You need verbs to make a sentence and you need those verbs to be conjugated correctly so they make sense. In this chapter the focus is on conjugating verbs ending in -ar. You will learn how to conjugate verbs like hablar, estudiar, tocar and usar. This chapter is very thorough, providing you with lessons that also allow you to practice what you have learned. What you can expect from these lessons include:
- Learning to conjugate common -ar verbs
- Understanding how to make your subjects and verbs agree
- Handling the formal and informal 'you'
- Practicing conjugation of the verbs you have learned
- Learning vocabulary for favorite activities
|Common -AR Verbs in Spanish||Study how to conjugate verbs that include hablar, estudiar, tocar, usar, bailar, practicar, ensenar, dibujar and necesitar.|
|Conjunction of Regular -AR Verbs in Spanish||Discover subject-verb agreement, how to conjugate regular -ar verbs and the concept of formal vs. informal 'you'.|
|Practice Conjugating Regular -AR Verbs in Spanish||Get some hands on practice with conjugating regular -ar verbs.|
|Talking About Activities: Practice Activity with -AR Verbs||Read and listen to formal and informal conversations where individuals talk about activities they enjoy. You'll get more practice with -ar verbs and learn new vocabulary in the process.|
1. Common -AR Verbs in Spanish
-AR verbs! Spanish is full of them and conversing is impossible without them. Learn how to say study, dance, draw, walk, and much more, in this vocabulary lesson.
2. Conjugation of Regular -AR Verbs in Spanish
Hablar, estudiar, usar, bailar... I bet you can guess why we call them '-ar verbs.' Master the five -ar endings and learn how to conjugate and put sentences together in this lesson.
3. Practice Conjugating Regular -AR Verbs in Spanish
Practice, practice and more practice is what it takes to conjugate without having to think about it every step of the way. Practice recognizing and conjugating -ar verbs in this lesson.
4. Talking About Activities: Practice Activity with -AR Verbs
-AR verb vocabulary and conjugations... There's a lot to practice! Put them together and quiz yourself with these reading and listening practice activities.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Spanish 101: Beginning Spanish course
- Greetings & Introductions in Spanish
- Describing People in Spanish
- Locations in Spanish: Vocabulary & Grammar
- Household Terms in Spanish
- Weather and Seasons in Spanish
- Spanish Numbers
- Days & Dates in Spanish
- Telling Time in Spanish
- Likes and Dislikes in Spanish
- ER and IR Verbs in Spanish: Present Tense
- Pastimes in Spanish
- Technology in Spanish
- Talking About Family Members in Spanish
- Shopping in Spanish
- Discussing the Past in Spanish
- Talking About Vacations in Spanish
- TV, Movies & Media in Spanish
- Discussing Community in Spanish
- Discussing Natural Disasters/Emergencies in Spanish
- As a Child in Spanish
- Spanish Fables
- Required Assignments for Spanish 101
- Studying for Spanish 101