About This Chapter
Arboreal Animals - Chapter Summary
Study this chapter to learn about different types of arboreal animals (animals that live in trees). As you progress through this chapter, you'll find short and simple lessons that explore arboreal habitats and locomotion. Following each lesson is a short quiz to help you reinforce your understanding of important arboreal animal topics. Your course Dashboard will keep track of your progress throughout the chapter. You can access this chapter online at any time, and our instructors are available to answer any questions you may have. When you're finished with the chapter, you should be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of arboreal habitats
- Describe the arboreal snake species
- Define the concept of arboreal locomotion
1. Arboreal Habitats: Characteristics, Types & Examples
There are countless habitats on earth, from freshwater lakes to underground burrows. This lesson will focus on life in the trees, discussing what these habitats look like as well as organisms that live in them.
2. What is an Arboreal Snake? - Definition & Species
In this lesson, we'll be traveling to treetops around the world to learn about arboreal snakes. We'll learn what makes this type of snake unique and examine different its different types.
3. Arboreal Locomotion: Definition & Examples
Did you know that there's a name for the way animals move through trees? It's called arboreal locomotion, and in this lesson, we'll take a look at examples of how different animals use this type of movement.
4. Cottonmouth Snakes: Diet, Location & Description
Did you know cottonmouths are also called water moccasins? In this lesson you'll learn more about this snake, including their diet, where they live, and what they look like.
5. Boa Constrictors: Habitat & Life Cycle
The boa constrictor is commonly known because it's a popular pet. They're often depicted as the evil, angry predator in movies (alongside the anaconda who is also a type of boa). In this lesson you will learn about their habitat and lifecycle.
6. Boa Constrictor vs. Python
Have you ever wondered what the difference is between boa constrictors and pythons? In this lesson, we'll explore the differences and similarities between these two types of snakes.
7. White-Nose Syndrome in Bats: Definition, Facts, Symptoms & Cure
In the past decade, more than six million bats have died from white-nose syndrome. In this lesson, you'll learn about the syndrome, including symptoms and a newly discovered cure.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Kingdom Animalia: Study Guide & Review course
- Order Diptera
- Orders Eulipotyphia, Chiroptera & Didelphimorphia
- Extinct & Endangered Animals
- Aquatic & Semi-Aquatic Animals & Plants
- Order Sirenia
- Order Cetartiodactyla
- Order Carnivora
- Order Rodentia
- Order Monotremata
- Family Rhinocerotidae
- Class Arachnida
- Understanding Jellyfish
- Class Insecta
- Order Isopods
- Order Passeriformes
- Order Primates: Chimpanzees & Bonobos
- Order Primates: Gorillas & Orangutans
- Order Primates: Lemurs
- Order Primates: Lorises, Galagos, & Tarsiers
- Order Primates: Macaques & Baboons
- Order Primates: New World Monkeys
- Class Aves