About This Chapter
Architectural Structures in Spain - Chapter Summary
If you are looking for resource that can help you understand architectural structures in Spain, this fun chapter can help! Review entertaining lessons from home or anywhere you can access the Internet to study the Barcelona Pavilion, Royal Palace of Madrid and La Sagrada Familia. Feel free to check your knowledge using mini quizzes and a practice exam. Any questions you develop while exploring the lessons can be submitted to our experts via the Dashboard. By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Discuss the plan, materials and construction of the Barcelona Pavilion
- Detail the history, location, façade and interior of La Sagrada Familia
- Share facts about the history and architecture of the Royal Palace of Madrid
1. Barcelona Pavilion: Plan, Materials & Construction
In this lesson, you'll learn about one of the most important icons of modern architecture: the Barcelona Pavilion. Learn about the materials and construction of this building and explore its simple, yet stunning plan layout.
2. La Sagrada Familia: History & Facts
La Sagrada Familia has been called both the most inspirational and most controversial building in modern architecture. In this lesson, we'll explore the history of this amazing structure and see how its past has defined its present.
3. La Sagrada Familia: Location, Facade & Interior
La Sagrada Familia is one of the most studied buildings in the world, and it isn't even finished yet. In this lesson, we'll talk about the facades and interior of this structure, and explore the symbolism laced throughout it.
4. Royal Palace of Madrid: Architecture, History & Facts
In this lesson, explore the architecture of the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family: The Royal Palace of Madrid. Learn its history, some interesting facts, and key aspects of the structure and its interiors.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Architectural Structures Study Guide course
- Architecture of Famous Mosques
- Architecture & Temples of Asia
- Architecture of Theaters & Opera Houses
- Architecture of Cities
- Bridges of the United States
- Bridges of the World
- Notable US Sights
- Garden Designs & History
- Famous Architectural Works
- Bridges in the Mid-Atlantic States
- Bridges in the South Atlantic States
- California Architectural Structures
- Canadian Bridges
- European Bridges
- Italian Architectural Structures
- Louisiana Bridges
- Massachusetts Bridges
- New York Architectural Structures
- Oregon Bridges
- Architecture & Design of Famous Churches & Cathedrals
- Architecure & Design of Famous Castles
- The Great Wall of China