About This Chapter
Arctic and Antarctic Animals Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
Increase your students' interest in learning about the vast frozen lands of the Arctic and Antarctic and the animals that live there with these entertaining ideas for activities, projects and assignments. Group and individual classroom and homework assignments could include art projects, role playing and discussions about penguins, polar bears and more. These teaching tools are great complements to your conventional lesson plans and can lead to greater class participation.
How It Helps
- Learning objectives - Helps you to reach key learning objectives through guided instruction and activities.
- Curriculum standards: Ensures your study of Arctic and Antarctic animals meets curriculum standards.
- Student engagement: Keep students engaged with creative and interactive activities relating to the animals they are studying.
- Class discussion questions/topics - Provides suggested discussion topics that will facilitate classroom learning time.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to making planning Arctic and Antarctic animals lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific Arctic and Antarctic animals topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your science class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related Arctic and Antarctic animals lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important aspects of Arctic and Antarctic animals from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant Arctic and Antarctic animals activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Arctic Animals Lesson Plan
Introduce students to the Arctic, its weather, and its animal life. Through a reading, group discussions, and individual research, students will draw conclusions about Arctic animal adaptations.
2. Arctic Animals Lesson for Kids
Arctic animals have developed some interesting ways to survive life in the Arctic. In this lesson, you will learn about some of the adaptations arctic animals use to stay warm.
3. Arctic Animals Games & Activities
Arctic animals possess many interesting adaptations that allow them to survive in a harsh environment. These games and activities provide teachers with hands-on, creative ways to teach students in nearly all grade levels about arctic animals.
4. Polar Bear Lesson Plan
Preparing to teach your students about polar bears? This lesson plan uses differentiation to teach students of varying reading abilities about this incredible animal. Students will read about polar bears, share information with their peers, and present what they learned on a mini-poster.
5. Polar Bear Life Cycle: Lesson for Kids
You may know a little bit about polar bears and where they live, but how about their life cycles? This lesson will take you through the life cycle of Polly the polar bear from when she is first born to when she has babies of her own!
6. Facts About Polar Bears: Lesson for Kids
What do polar bears look like? What do they eat? Where do they live? How do they grow? This lesson will answer all these questions and teach you lots of fun facts about polar bears.
7. Polar Bear Games & Activities
The subject of animals is fun for children to learn about in school and can be taught in an exciting and engaging way. This lesson gives a few suggestions for class activities to use during units on polar bears.
8. Penguins Lesson Plan
Use this lesson plan to help you teach students facts about penguins, such as where they live and what they eat. After reading an informational text, discussing facts, and taking a short quiz, students will apply information by creating and playing a game.
9. Facts About Penguins for Kids
Most birds use their wings to soar through the sky. Penguins use their wings for a very different activity though. Want to know what penguins do most of their days? Read this lesson to find out, and learn other interesting penguin facts!
10. Tundra Activities & Games
These activities and games can help students understand the types of animals that live in the biome tundra. These games can be played by your whole class or in small groups. Plus, some writing activities for students to show what they know about the tundra.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Animals & Habitats Lesson Plans course
- Farm Animals Lesson Plans & Activities
- Whales & Dolphins Lesson Plans
- Ocean Animals Lesson Plans
- Animals & Life Cycles Lesson Plans
- Forest Animals Lesson Plans
- Grasslands Animal Facts Lesson Plans
- Rainforest Animal Facts Lesson Plans
- Animal Movement Lesson Plans & Resources
- Zoos & Animal Care Lesson Plans
- Plant & Animal Dissection Lesson Plans