About This Chapter
Art & Architecture of the Renaissance - Chapter Summary
You'll find a collection of short video lessons in this chapter outlining the architecture and art of the Renaissance. Some of the subjects presented include notable paintings, artists and sculptures of Renaissance art and the materials used in their creation. After finishing these videos, you should be ready to complete the following objectives:
- Shell out facts about the paintings, architecture, sculptures and artists of the Renaissance
- Outline the materials and techniques of Renaissance art
- Discuss the important works of 15th-century Italian artists
It's easy to study with these lessons when you log in to our learning platform with a smartphone, tablet or computer 24/7. Use the video tabs to navigate the videos and watch any sections again. The lesson quizzes and chapter test offer helpful information about any subjects you might need to review further before exam day.
1. Renaissance Art: Artists, Paintings, Sculptures & Architecture
In this lesson, we will be discussing Renaissance art, focusing primarily on paintings, sculptures, and architecture. We will also be learning how humanism affected the art of this time period.
2. Materials & Techniques of Renaissance Art
In this lesson, you will explore the materials and techniques used by Renaissance artists and discover how these defined Renaissance styles. Then, test your understanding with a brief quiz.
3. Important Works of Fifteenth-Century Italian Artists
In this lesson, you will explore some of the major works of Italian art from the 15th century and discover what characteristics they share. Then, test your understanding with a brief quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Art - Content Knowledge (5134): Practice & Study Guide course
- Artistic Principles & Approaches
- Making Art Safely
- Drawing, Painting & Printmaking Processes
- Digital Photography Processes
- Videography, Filmmaking & Art Installations
- Sculptural Materials & Processes
- Fundamentals of Fiber Art
- Presenting & Displaying Artwork
- Prehistoric Art & Architecture
- Ancient Egyptian Art & Architecture
- Art & Architecture of Ancient Near East
- Art & Architecture of the Ancient Greeks
- Art & Architecture of the Ancient Romans
- Art & Architecture of the Early Christians
- Art & Architecture of the Byzantines
- History of Early Medieval European Art
- Art & Architecture of the Baroque Period
- Rococo & Neoclassical Art & Architecture in the 18th Century
- Romantic, Impressionist & Post-Impressionist Art & Architecture in the 19th Century
- 20th Century & Contemporary Art
- Art & Architecture of Asia
- Art of the Pacific
- Art & Architecture of Africa
- Art & Architecture of the Americas
- Responding to Art
- Praxis Art: Content Knowledge Flashcards